NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

what a sad loss, jet called it -- mavs vs heat

Yes, jet's a genius.

2. Mark from Plano

What the hell happened? I checked the score and OKC was up 12 with 4 minutes to go.

Dirk happened.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

Is it possible for both mavs and heat to lose?

I don't know who I can't stand more though slight edge goes to lebron and miami fans (cept hroi [​IMG])

4. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

Dirk happened.

I'd say it was more of Harden fouling out and no real offense from the Thunder

+ Dirk.

5. Mark from Plano

I'd say it was more of Harden fouling out and no real offense from the Thunder

+ Dirk.

Yes, losing your #3 scorer should wreck your offense.

6. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Course, OKC should not haven been in this game at all.... 25 TOs!?!? Durant/Westbrook had as many TOs as the entire Dallas team.

7. 13k

13k Senior member

It is sad indeed that it may turn out to be Mavs vs. Miami. I am still slightly pulling for Dallas b/c some of the players on that roster deserve a ring (dirk + kidd), but most importantly I can still say the championship had to go through LA [​IMG]

8. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

It is sad indeed that it may turn out to be Mavs vs. Miami. I am still slightly pulling for Dallas b/c some of the players on that roster deserve a ring (dirk + kidd), but most importantly I can still say the championship had to go through LA [​IMG]

I'm partial to wanting Marion to get a ring... since Phx couldn't land him one.

9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Should be an interesting game in OKC tonight.

If Dallas manages another win, the series is over. OKC will not beat Dallas 3 straight. If OKC wins, it will go 7. It will all come down to how Dallas plays defense. If Dallas plays defense like they did in game 3, OKC doesn't have enough offensive weapons to stay up. If they play like they did in games 1 & 2, then Dallas won't win in OKC.

Good matchup. I think Dallas has too many weapons to lose 3 of 4 to the Thunder, but it's pretty close. Durant is a beast and OKC has lots of playoff appearances in their future.

I like this OKC team but it's Dallas's year. They will have theirs before too long.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

I couldn't give a shit about marion or kidd, dirk I am indifferent about wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't get one.

Would be elated if Lebronze doesn't get one, was hoping for okc/chi final.

11. venessian

venessian Senior member

Same here.

Huge preference for OKC-CHI, with OKC winning it all.
    Fine with DAL winning it all, over CHI.
    Just do NOT want MIA to win, not even the conf. finals.

12. 13k

13k Senior member

Same here.

Huge preference for OKC-CHI, with OKC winning it all.
    Fine with DAL winning it all, over CHI.
    Just do NOT want MIA to win, not even the conf. finals.

Pretty much what I wanted. I just don't see OKC pulling out of this series now. Lebron with a ring - do not want.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Pretty much what I wanted. I just don't see OKC pulling out of this series now. Lebron with a ring - do not want.

i really hope OKC doesnt get eliminated. i love seeing KD and his backpack during the postgame

14. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I'm loving me some Dirk right about now. I've liked him ever since he got a tooth knocked out and came back in a min. later spitting blood and everything.

I really hope Dallas can keep it up, I guess we'll see how they can match up against the Heat.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Amazing game so far tonight. Dallas went on a 17-2 run in last 5 mins to take it to overtime. Dirk absolutely taking over. Now into OT!
    OKC with an epic meltdown. No way they win this series after a demoralizing loss like this one.
    both these are true. OKC meltdown + the most fearsome closer in this year's playoffs = series over.
    I don't know who I can't stand more though slight edge goes to lebron and miami fans (cept hroi [​IMG])
    [​IMG] btw, it's ridiculous that Joakim Noah got fined. only in the NBA can you repeatedly talk shit about a 6'11" guy's mother and not get your head knocked clean off your neck. even getting cursed at is getting off real easy. i've been in that area of AAA many times before and it's embarrassing at how disrespectful people can get towards opponents. like JVG said, people think they can buy a ticket and that entitles them to check their human decency at the door. David Stern tries so hard to "clean up" the NBA that he doesnt let his players be human anymore. if a fan crosses the line he needs to be thrown out, banned from the arena, and no fucking fine for the player