NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Yeah my bad on that. Only their best and most clutch player at the time . I forgot [​IMG] I think the best remaining matchup is Miami - OKC. Of the west teams left, only the thunder have a player that viewers from everywhere will tune in to watch. That's a big disservice to Dirk, but it's true. Seems like the only way the Mavs make national news is when their owner makes a spectacle of himself, which I think we all can agree - Mavs employees included - is something we'd rather do without
    I made the mistake and didn't put the right injured player with team (Gay - grizz). I still think dirk is the right guy to torch Miami in its present state. Who do you put on dirk? Lebron? Dirk will just do that step back jump shot. Covered so well in this Dead Spin Post. Then Dirk will kick out and they can do that thing where they shoot or have a streaking Chandler go in for a lob and dunk. Damn I have a huge crush on Emma Carmichael. She writes all those funny assed posts on Deadspin. The aforementioned one about Dirk's Step-back impossible jumper is classic. [​IMG] Edit: no more rondo elbow dislocation pic/gif or bynum elbow... so might as well put a GIF of the aforementioned dirk step back: [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    Btw, for all the talk here about blockbuster laker trades, the most important offseason task they have, by far, is to find a coach. I heard Kobe wants Brian Shaw, but do you put in a rook or hire someone like Adelman or JVG?

i'm thinking byron scott. though kurt rambis' wife is best friends with jeannie buss.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Chicago taking care of business tonight.

4. matik23

matik23 Senior member

Miami vs Bulls. ECF baby. By the way Omer Asik won. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Nice analysis of Phil Jackson's career, by Celtics homer Bill Simmons of all people.

6. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    Nice analysis of Phil Jackson's career, by Celtics homer Bill Simmons of all people.

that is a great piece. amazing, complex guy (jackson, that is).

7. venessian

venessian Senior member

Another fine battle in Memphis tonight. Great comeback. Randolph has been playing so well lately. Tough night for Durant, but Battier has been incredible on him.

What an excellent series! I'm really enjoying watching these 2 teams play.

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Another fine battle in Memphis tonight. Great comeback. Randolph has been playing so well lately. Tough night for Durant, but Battier has been incredible on him.

What an excellent series! I'm really enjoying watching these 2 teams play.

+1000!

9. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

WTF is wrong with Westbrook and/or the Thunder coaching staff? You have the leading scorer the last two years and he shoots the ball just over ten times? Dude should be putting up 25-30 a game on pure principle.

10. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

scottie brooks was a PG. pretty sure he favors westbrook and is telling him to take shots over durant. no other explanation

11. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

OR... he's coaching him to be a distributor and Westbrook (who was a shooting guard in college) just blows him off at the expense of Durant. Its hard to get in his ass about it after his performance in the 3OT game. Winning covers up the warts.

12. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

Not sure who is saying Dallas is a young team:

Starters:
    Kidd--38 (16 seasons)
    Stevenson--30 (10 seasons)
    Marion--33 (11 seasons)
    Chandler--28 (9 seasons)
    Nowitzki--32 (12 seasons)

Key Bench:
    Terry--33 (11 seasons)
    Stojakovic--33 (12 seasons)
    Haywood--31 (9 seasons)
    Barea--26 (4 seasons)

As you can see, the only Chandler and Barea are under 30. This is a veteran team for sure. I don't know if I'd say that it's championship or bust for the Mavs, but the window on the Dirk era is definitely closing and Kidd is playing on borrowed time for sure. They may have one or two more runs in them after this year, but as we know there are no guarantees and I think that after what happened in 2006, and then not making it back again until this year, this team definitately has a sense of urgency that the stars might not align for them again during the remaining years Dirk has left. So while it may not be championship or bust, they are playing as if it is.

Im sure Magic Johnson mentioned Dallas along with OKC, Denver, Memphis as the younger teams, after the Lakers game 4 defeat. I was like huh? when he said it. Of course, the other 3 commentators could have disagreed/corrected him saying Dallas isn't as young as the other 3 teams he mentioned. This is what I get for watching a few seconds of the game via illegal net broadcasts [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Another fine battle in Memphis tonight. Great comeback. Randolph has been playing so well lately. Tough night for Durant, but Battier has been incredible on him. What an excellent series! I'm really enjoying watching these 2 teams play.
    Battier really is one of the most undervalued players in the NBA today. Its guys like him that build championships. Randolph was a beast. Again. Game 7 should be a battle.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Miami vs Bulls. ECF baby. By the way Omer Asik won.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG] Great series man the grizz keep fighting and fighting but it's wearing out both teams.