1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. diadem

diadem Distinguished Member

Warriors have signed DeMarcus Cousins...well, shit.

2. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

That roster is shaping up to be a shit show.

Warriors respond by adding Boogie. Check and mate

3. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Distinguished Member

So I guess the mysteries left for next season are:

(1) Who do the Warriors beat in the finals from the East?
    (2) How many games does it take?

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

85C81D10-AE93-43AC-AC4A-12C00DEB6B3A.gif

When I heard over the radio Boogie Cousins was added

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018

6. David J. Cooper

David J. Cooper Active Member

Do the Lakers have anyone who can shoot threes when LeBron gets doubled? Maybe they can sign Liangelo. He did dominate in Kazakhstan.

7. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

8. David J. Cooper

It's a shame in some ways but it could also be argued that he over achieved and even a huge Husky fan like me never thought he would play in the NBA. He left Washington because he thought he would have to share playing time with Abdul Gaddy and Tony Wroten. He had a baby mama and a son and his plan was to make some money in Europe.

9. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

Being a huge defensive liability volume scorer doesn't really pay anymore in today's NBA. 15 years ago, teams would've been suckered into giving him a max deal. Teams are much smarter today.

10. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Stylish Dinosaur

What were the Raptors thinking? Trading one of the best players in franchise history, and someone who wants to be in Toronto, for a one-year rental of Kawhi Leonard?

12. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

The only logic i see in this is that they don’t see themselves going anywhere with DeRozan (strange to say, i know, talking about a team that won the East but they did flame out in the playoffs). Or they are very confident that they can convince Kawhi to stay a la Paul George. Or both?

I’m skeptical of both things. Kawhi apparently said “don’t trade me to Toronto”, which makes this a fantastic and hilarious bit of spite from the Spurs.

I think Kawhi better come out with his side of the story because this whole thing makes him look like the league’s biggest cunt. Especially with Pop on the other side, who’s universally beloved and has earned a lot of trust with how he deals with players

13. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

Any chance he sits out a large portion of the season again? If he does that then he'll be as big a cunt as Dwight Howard.

14. David J. Cooper

I think it was time to shake things up in T.O. Too bad it was their loyalist player in team history. Toronto was the second youngest team in the playoffs and it may be time to step back a bit either right away or after a year with Leonard.

DeRosen just was never going to be the guy in the playoffs in Toronto, maybe he will be in San Antonio. Poetel is going to be a very good player, he is fast, edgy and has exceptional hands, he just needs to start making lay ups.

15. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur