NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Exactly, no one plans on getting buying a jersey, SteveB in a Kobe jersey is enough for me. And that was the bet. You can go to the store or ask any friends who may own one, it doesn't matter, I just want SteveB in a Kobe jersey.

Buy it.

preferably photographed in colorado.

Plane Ticket?

absolutely. i've said it before..howard and bynum are the only two true centers that are elite on both ends of the floor. the only difference is howard plays 80-82 games a season, and bynum plays ~55. i'd happily trade one for the other, but d12 is about the only person i'd give up bynum for.

(while on the subject..i'd like to point out that marc > pau so far in these playoffs. that trade for pau worked out pretty well for memphis all things considered)

Bynum? elite? are you smoking crack? Do all you Laker posters in here have missing teeth and sleep on a soiled mattress in an old warehouse?

(ok- I went a bit far with the imagery, but you get my drift)

2. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

Bynum? elite? are you smoking crack? Do all you Laker posters in here have missing teeth and sleep on a soiled mattress in an old warehouse?
    This is when it shows that you don't watch basketball. Post all-star break Bynum averaged 11 pts 12 reb 2.5 blk on a team where he's the 4th option. If he had scrubs around him like Dwight does he would post D12 numbers easily. EASILY. I hate to sound harsh, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

3. sexandcandy

In other news I see Lakers cruising over the Mavs. Lakers sweep or win in 5.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Buy it.
    You just said you didn't want to but you want me to buy one? WTH? [​IMG] If you're backing out because you have lost confidence in your Spurs, just say it now so we can stop this back and forth.

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

This is when it shows that you don't watch basketball.

Post all-star break Bynum averaged 11 pts 12 reb 2.5 blk on a team where he's the 4th option. If he had scrubs around him like Dwight does he would post D12 numbers easily. EASILY.

I hate to sound harsh, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

You're basing your numbers on conjecture and one half of a season? When he's so injury prone that's all he plays?

And I'M the one who has no idea what I'm talking about?

You just said you didn't want to but you want me to buy one? WTH? [​IMG]

If you're backing out because you have lost confidence in your Spurs, just say it now so we can stop this back and forth.

I'd actually be rather amused to have the picture taken (I'd insist on #8 unless it's too cost prohibitive). I'm just not paying for the jersey. I'm just as broke as you guys. And the deal always was that winner has to buy loser's jersey, unless YOU just don't remember it right. Again, this is why I'm challenging the lot of you to pool your money and buy the jersey. There's what 5, 10 Laker fans here? As compared to 1 of me?

I guess this is kinda pricey...

http://www.buzzerbeatersports.com/losanlakobr9.html

Any of these would work. I like all of the colors and styles.

http://www.fansedge.com/Kobe-Bryant-...491133_PG.html

No I haven't lost confidence in the Spurs. There are 2 games left. Starting tomorrow.

6. sexandcandy

You're basing your numbers on conjecture and one half of a season? When he's so injury prone that's all he plays?

And I'M the one who has no idea what I'm talking about?

How many games you play doesn't have anything to do with talent. We are talking about talent. I called him elite, and his numbers don't lie. If you can come up with some kind of argument against the fact that he would average 20 points 11 rebounds easily if he was the go-to guy for a team I'd like to hear it. I don't want to hear about injuries or being injury prone.

So to answer your question, yes you have no idea what you're talking about.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Why doesn't the loser just go to a Sports Authority, put on the jersey, and snap a pic? You don't have to buy it...

8. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

How many games you play doesn't have anything to do with talent. We are talking about talent. I called him elite, and his numbers don't lie. If you can come up with some kind of argument against the fact that he would average 20 points 11 rebounds easily if he was the go-to guy for a team I'd like to hear it. I don't want to hear about injuries or being injury prone.

So to answer your question, yes you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bynum has been great this year, no doubt. I enjoy watching him play and it will be a treat watching the Mavs try (and fail) to keep him away from the basket.

But if injuries don't count, I would prefer Yao Ming.

9. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

But if injuries don't count, I would prefer Yao Ming.

[​IMG]

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^^^ If injuries doesn't count, I'd take Grant Hill. If heart doesn't count, I'd take TMac. If size, strength, speed and skill doesn't matter, I'd take me!
    . And the deal always was that winner has to buy loser's jersey, unless YOU just don't remember it right.
    Nope, please quote my post on that because I never wrote that because I don't want to waste money on a Spurs jersey. My main plan if I lost was just to go to Sports Authority and take a picture, I never had the intent to buy or force someone else to buy a jersey. Now since we are in agreement, are you still in?

11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    it's going to be an interesting series. i've got tix for game 5 (and possibly 1). let's hope it goes that far. the thing that impressed me the most last night was how well the lakes defended the pick and roll. they really rode cp3 well. almost every time he got past fisher, bynum or gasol was right there waiting ... and then they rotated back right on cue.
    i didn't really think the lakes hit any kind of playoff-level intensity until the middle of the second quarter and then pretty much lost it by the middle of the fourth quarter. That's a half of really good basketball and it was enough to beat a cripple. Against Dallas, they're going to need more.
    also, incidentally, i was wondering about pau's "upper respiratory infection". there's been a nasty one going around socal ... i had it last month and i couldn't get out of bed for a week. if he's been playing through that, all criticisms are withdrawn.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^^^ I was going to get tickets but for some reason my pre-sale e-mail with my code in it got deleted. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

incidentally, i was wondering about pau's "upper respiratory infection". there's been a nasty one going around socal ... i had it last month and i couldn't get out of bed for a week. if he's been playing through that, all criticisms are withdrawn.

its also code for AIDS related sickness. like when someone famous dies of Pneumonia related complications a lot of the time its just code for: had AIDS finally succumbed to P. Carinii pneumonia.

14. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

How about this one?

http://www.buzzerbeatersports.com/kobr8authje.html

No way ANYONE ever mentioned Sports Authority...or going there to have a picture snapped...If someone down here tries on a Kobe jersey they need police protection, not a camera.

And if I'm going to be humiliated, especially after all the shit I've talked about Kobe, I should have a souvenir...Don't you think? C'mon- you guys prolly spend $30 on socks...

15. sexandcandy

i don't see how it's a punishment for you to have a kobe jersey. i'd say 90% of ppl outside of boston wouldn't mind having a kobe jersey