1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jet

jet Senior member

Oh, so I'm not allowed to react to the dozens of shit talking posts against the Heat? are Laker and Bulls fans the only people allowed to be cocky when things go well?

Truth be told there hasn't been a quarter of this series that I haven't been worried...the Bulls are a great team and Rose, Thibodeau, Noah, et al have turned me into a fan. Except for Boozer, who's still a douche.

You can react I'm just saying it's funny how you went from passive to agressive and who's talking trash besides matik? Laker fans are/were confident and there weren't any I told you sos or chest beating going on whenever they'd win, hardly cocky just patient if you go back and look at our posts throughout the season. And agreed about boozer. And agreed about brown [​IMG]

2. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I'd say Scott Brooks is gone and Westbrook stays. People are ignoring the fact that Scottie's gotten a free pass throughout these whole playoffs. A lot of their struggles can be explained by coaching problems.

Or maybe their struggles can be explained by the fact that, despite all the hype in their favor, they are facing a team that is better than them.

3. jet

jet Senior member

^i always get a kick out of this logic

4. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

5. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

Or maybe their struggles can be explained by the fact that, despite all the hype in their favor, they are facing a team that is better than them.

dallas IS the better team, and i favored them to win. doesn't mean OKC doesn't take any of the blame. bottom line is OKC has the talent to beat the mavs even as good as the mavs are playing, but OKC fail to execute when it matters and that's the sign of a young team and untested coach.

6. venessian

venessian Senior member

7. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Yup, noting like letting your kid pick the coach. Might this be the end in Laker Town? Good ownership makes teams and Short Buss does not look like he has the makings of good ownership.

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

On the other hand this means the Dubs won't be hiring him. Woot. Maybe we can get Adelman. Add that to the hiring of the Logo and recent additions at the GM spot and things are looking better than ever for the GSW.

9. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

^^

I don't know what's in the Lakers future, but I can say with great certainty that the Warriors will always be the Warriors.

It's nice that you have hope, though. Very....nice.

10. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

On the other hand this means the Dubs won't be hiring him. Woot. Maybe we can get Adelman. Add that to the hiring of the Logo and recent additions at the GM spot and things are looking better than ever for the GSW.

I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that the Warriors won't be signing Brown.

Anyhow, looks like a rematch between Dallas and Miami. Anyone think Dallas can beat Miami? Looks like Miami is just too athletic to match up with.

11. jet

jet Senior member

Short Buss, I like that.

Perhaps this is part of some master plan where they just fill the coach's position and Kobe runs the team [​IMG]

12. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Dirk closes this series out tonight.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Anyhow, looks like a rematch between Dallas and Miami. Anyone think Dallas can beat Miami? Looks like Miami is just too athletic to match up with.

I think Dallas has huge chance of winning, I mean they are shooting lights out at times and a huge threat behind the arc. They move the ball well and actually defend decently too. Unlike Chicago, Dallas has supporting scorers that can come up big. Hell I can see Barea giving them a problem for a game or two int he Finals.

14. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Did Isiah Thomas turn the Lakers down or something?

15. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Dirk already hittin a ridiculous shot. Let's see how the Thunder respond in an elimination game.

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

brown needs his offensive coordinator but he is in miami now. [​IMG] good hire : /

Short Buss, I like that.

Perhaps this is part of some master plan where they just fill the coach's position and Kobe runs the team [​IMG]

17. jet

jet Senior member

fool get outta here you don't watch basketball

take your cronies with you

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

fuck you, kobe kurtain just closed. it's a young doos game after dirk gets his ring. cant wait to see brown's retard face in final :30 seconds every game

19. jet

jet Senior member

lol whose your team again?

exactly

20. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that the Warriors won't be signing Brown.

<<<<<burn baby burn

Mike Fucking Brown...

How long before the Kolorado Kid retires or demands a trade?