1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

lmao

it's ONE game.

"You don't know what you're talking about." [​IMG]

2. venessian

venessian Senior member

lmao

it's ONE game.

[​IMG] Actually, it's ONE half, but let's not get too technical.

Still, I'm trying to figure out how much 2/4 contributes to a dynasty in the making, but my calculator just doesn't go to that many decimal points. I'm sure our point god loving friend will enlighten us, once he comes down from the exuberance of this crushing, championship-clinching performance....[​IMG]

3. jet

jet Senior member

4. Raf Simmons

Raf Simmons Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310515004

Watch highlights and look at du's bow tie and lapels [​IMG]

Gibson put back was niiiiice.

bowen always rocks da bowtie lol

only saw the first half of heat/bulls and was really surprised by final score. Lets see what hapens next game [​IMG]

5. matik23

matik23 Senior member

It's one game? No it's called matchups. Rebounds and half court offense are Heat's nightmare. Don't be surprised if there's a sweep. For you haters out there:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. This is the playoffs D Wade and Taj just came all over your face.

6. matik23

matik23 Senior member

Bosh is going to need more help from his supporting cast if he is going to beat Chicago.

Don't worry Bosh isn't putting up another 30 pt game. He'll see his 1 for 18 again last time he stepped into the madhouse.

[​IMG]

7. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

It's one game? No it's called matchups. Rebounds and half court offense are Heat's nightmare. Don't be surprised if there's a sweep.

For you haters out there:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

This is the playoffs D Wade and Taj just came all over your face.

Please come back and post when the series is tied 2-2.

8. 13k

13k Senior member

And people say Laker fans are arrogant...

Boston played a half court game and Miami overcame that. Don't get me wrong, with Memphis going out I'm still on the "anybody-but-Miami" wagon, but its only the first game of the series.

9. lopezr

lopezr Member

Thunder vs. Bulls finals. I'm calling it (well, praying for it atleast).

10. venessian

venessian Senior member

It's one game? No it's called matchups. Rebounds and half court offense are Heat's nightmare. Don't be surprised if there's a sweep.

LOL!!! [​IMG]
    It's also Christmas Day tomorrow!

[​IMG]
    Don't worry Bosh isn't putting up another 30 pt game. He'll see his 1 for 18 again last time he stepped into the madhouse.

Okey-dokey.

So, you also predict Wade and LeBron WILL put up only 18 and 15 again? [​IMG]

Please come back and post when the series is tied 2-2.
    And people say Laker fans are arrogant...
    No kidding....

11. jet

jet Senior member

What I don't get is who is hating on the bulls for this stroke to come on here and say haters?

Only hated teams are the celts and heat [​IMG]

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

13. matik23

matik23 Senior member

And people say Laker fans are arrogant... Boston played a half court game and Miami overcame that. Don't get me wrong, with Memphis going out I'm still on the "anybody-but-Miami" wagon, but its only the first game of the series.
    Miami also played against an aging team without their star point guard at 100 percent who practically makes the plays happen. We'll see how many fast break points Miami can get away with against the Bulls vs the vast amount of fast break points Heat got on Celtics. They were running circles around the old farts. I guarantee you the number will be low against the Bulls. Miami is playing against a Bulls team who will outrebound and outscore on second chance pts and bench points EVERY game. Bulls are exposing the Heat, something Sixers and Celtics failed to do. Not to mention Spo is a retarded coach. Not even suiting up Z or Dampier, sacrificing length on Noah for speed. Good plan Spo. Sorry but two of the best players does not make Bulls the underdog as that seems to be Vegas's logic.

14. matik23

matik23 Senior member

LOL!!! [​IMG] It's also Christmas Day tomorrow! [​IMG] Okey-dokey. So, you also predict Wade and LeBron WILL put up only 18 and 15 again? [​IMG] No kidding....
    I never said that. Bron had a bad game with all due respect to Deng, but I doubt he's going to put up cosistent 30+ points, especially against Deng/Gibson. Wade is defending Rose and trying to put up points. That dude was tired Game 1. But what I am calling is that Bosh won't score 30 again. Bosh would have taken the Raptors deeper into the playoffs if he was that much of a factor. He's going to be more of a 15-20/10 guy. I can see why that guy who posted the "Can You Hear Me God, It's Me Zach" doesnt post here anymore.

15. Brogued

Brogued Senior member

lmao

it's ONE game.

Yep. It's a long series and they won't all be like this one. LeBron and Wade will blow up at some point.

16. matik23

matik23 Senior member

Yep. It's a long series and they won't all be like this one. LeBron and Wade will blow up at some point.

Yea because basketball is actually a two man game. I quit. I'm outta here. Good riddance right? Have fun being ignorant casual fans of the game.

17. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

i've been posting here since before the season started. you pop up outta nowhere conveniently only when the bulls are winning, and we are the casual fans? GTFO

18. venessian

venessian Senior member

I never said that. Bron had a bad game with all due respect to Deng, but I doubt he's going to put up cosistent 30+ points, especially against Deng/Gibson. Wade is defending Rose and trying to put up points. That dude was tired Game 1.

But what I am calling is that Bosh won't score 30 again. Bosh would have taken the Raptors deeper into the playoffs if he was that much of a factor. He's going to be more of a 15-20/10 guy.

LeBron will score more than 15 from now on, trust me. Wade will score more than 18.

So you're predicting that Bosh will be a 15-20/10 guy in this series? I wonder how you arrived at those numbers, matikadamus, based on his game tonight....
    Oh, wait, aren't his career averages 20.0/9.2; his season averages 18.7/8.3; and his playoff averages 17.5/9.5??? I see what you did there! [​IMG]

Yea because basketball is actually a two man game. I quit. I'm outta here. Good riddance right? Have fun being ignorant casual fans of the game.

Huh. OK. Deng, we're sure gonna miss your unbiased and professional insight.
    [​IMG]

19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

This post is so rich with irony I just had to respond. It may be that you are just trolling, but your posts are the most ignorant on here. From crowing about point gods to making ridiculous comments about Jerry Sloan retiring because of a bad loss to the Bulls, to interjecting asinine "wut wut!" comments that add absolutely nothing to the discussion. But dont quit - stick around! Now that you've predicted a sweep, let's see if you can see it through. I agree with you btw that second chance points have and.will continue to kill the Heat this series. It might be the only post where you used your brain in this thread, although it might be that you just read my post above yours. [​IMG]

20. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Please do. I'm pulling for the Bull's but rooting for the same team as an asshat like you almost makes me want to switch.