NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Damn, I knew Perkins was going to be missed by the Celtics but even when he was injured the Celtics didn't play this horribly. They might as well have shot themselves in the foot with the mental effect it is having on this team, lost another one to the Pacers.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

can u guys just stfu already

old news on the hangtime blog btw

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Can never have too much Kobe highlights and it's fun to see how much hops Kobe had.

5. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

Damn, I knew Perkins was going to be missed by the Celtics but even when he was injured the Celtics didn't play this horribly. They might as well have shot themselves in the foot with the mental effect it is having on this team, lost another one to the Pacers.

Nah, they just have a thing for not giving a shit about the second half of the season. Last season they limped into the playoffs as a .500 team after the break, and made it all the way to game 7 of the finals. They miss Perk but they'll be fine.

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Spurs lose again. Looks like again like last year, except for new orleans, seeding doesn't really determine strength of west teams. Memphis and portland are powerhouses. While teams like denver are bulldogs.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Spurs lose again. Looks like again like last year, except for new orleans, seeding doesn't really determine strength of west teams. Memphis and portland are powerhouses. While teams like denver are bulldogs.

Not looking good at all. But they hung within 7 of Portland with 4 starters in street clothes. Maybe they don't want to play Memphis.

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Not looking good at all. But they hung within 7 of Portland with 4 starters in street clothes. Maybe they don't want to play Memphis.

I guarantee 8th will be either new orleans or houston. Memphis will be 7th seed and if that's sanant's motive, they will shoot themselves in the foot. I know they're injured but all four guys out? Contusion? Isn't that just a bruise?

9. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

if this were the playoffs, those 4 guys would be suited up. pop knows what he's doing.

10. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

This .gif made me laugh. Had no idea where else to put it...

[​IMG]

11. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

This .gif made me laugh. Had no idea where else to put it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That has to be one of those life size card boards you see in Santa Monica.

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Nah, they just have a thing for not giving a shit about the second half of the season. Last season they limped into the playoffs as a .500 team after the break, and made it all the way to game 7 of the finals. They miss Perk but they'll be fine.

what they miss is perk or oneil making those slashers pay when they just fly to the hole.

KG is actually doing excellent at 5 (where he should've been his whole career) but he's only got 6 fouls to give. even kristic gets in foul trouble by the 3rd Q.

these games that the C's have lost recently are all because weak interior half court to semi-transitional defense.

I guess the only way to see a positive out of this is that the playoffs make for slower half court basketball anyway.

I love how espn is making a big deal with the Knics win last night.... classic east coast ESPN bias. But it does show that D-howard still lacks a super killer instinct. Kobe would have relished in demoralizing the knicks organization/players/fans last night.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

NBA TV actually grilled the Knicks for that win. The Magic didn't have Nelson, the Knicks didn't dominate and had to win in OT and the difference maker was when Melo trip JRich but the refs only saw JRich tripping Melo. It was actually a very sad win for the Knicks because if that JRich foul wasn't called, Hedo's 3 would have counted and tied that game.

14. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i think both san antonio and boston will be just fine for the playoffs. those are solid veteran teams.

15. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    and because there simply can't be enough statistics thrown around these days, this from SI. actually, an interesting snippet: