1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Middle child does (least talented)
    Younger is just verbal at this point.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The middle one seems like he will be the least NBA ready. I know he can shoot outside and bully people inside but at 6'5", he's going to need a growth spurt when going against bigger and stronger players. He seems the slowest of the brothers too.

I am curious about the youngest potential, looks like he's going to be a taller Curry type of player but we'll see. He has the shooting but I am not entirely sure he has the handles, then again he is still real young with that amount of talent so the upside is definitely there.

3. venividivicibj

Keep in mind the youngest was only a sophomore in HS this year. Kid will be a baller.

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

LiAngelo, LaMelo, Lonzo

Interesting names for your kids.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

And he committed to UCLA at 13 so it is insane.

Still waiting to see how Lonzo does in the league though, I think he'll be fine but let's see if he'll be a superstar like his dad proclaims him (his whole family) to be.

I find it crazy that the Celtics might actually have the first pick in the upcoming draft considering they could still take the #1 spot in the East but would they actually draft another PG like Fultz or Ball?

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I hope all three kids either flame out or never make it just so I never have to hear about their father again. I have studiously avoided listening to anything or clicking any links where he's involved, but it gets harder and harder.

1 person likes this.
  7. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

This dude is a moron of the highest order and unless and until someone reigns him in his kids are fucked. That shit simply won't fly on the NBA level.

Even LeBron, who was a true generational talent, had to be brought to heel by Pat Riley before he could really reach his potential and become a champion.

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Well, once Lonzo is signed by an NBA team they'll shut Lavar down pretty quickly. And he, at least, is too good not to be drafted early and signed, so I think he'll be just fine.

I don't really have a strong opinion either way, but how clear is it that being "brought to heel by Pat Riley" is what did the trick for LBJ as opposed to getting much better players around him and gaining a few years of experience and maturity?

2 people like this.
  9. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Nothing at all. I just prefer that narrative. Although I do think him growing up and not being allowed to run the team benefited him. Honestly, with the comfort level in Cleveland being what it is I think we are seeing more GM LeBron and some serious back sliding. I would not be surprised if the Cavs have peaked with him.

1 person likes this.
  10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ya, this is Todd Marinovich all over again.

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

you always get the best talent available even it means drafting a position you're already strong in.

case in point. 1984 with the second pick of the draft the blazers chose sam bowie over michael jordan because they already had clyde drexler another shooting guard. even though Jordan was clearly the more decorated/established player (NCAA player of the year).

sam bowie didn't even make 1st team all american (he was a 2nd team choice) and had bad injuries throughout his 2-3rd years in college.

the first pick was Hakeem who was obviously a transcendent talent at the time in college.

so if boston gets one of those top 2 picks? fuck it, "redundancy" be damned... you draft the best talent! that means Fultz or Ball and work with what you got.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

The flip side is the sixers who drafted three centers with high draft picks and found that their trade value was so low because teams knew they drafted three and had to deal them

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

hinkie was fired before he could do anything with all those picks. sheeeeet, philly could end up with three picks in the top 10 IN THIS DRAFT because of the process.

it still means you draft the best talent available. what you do with those picks when there's a log jam is up to the team.

the nba is a superstar driven league. odds are so heavily in favor of teams with the best player (lebron, kawhai, curry, KD) especially if you can draft them and lock them into that initial rookie contract

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  14. venividivicibj

They drafted guys who they knew had injury problems so they could basically redshirt them, that is slightly different

15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

As a Houston guy, I'm going to say don't forget Harden!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  16. diadem

diadem Senior member

Wow, Russ with his 42nd triple-double of the season and a 40-footer to down the Nuggets at the buzzer. Dude was already my MVP for the season, but this just seals the deal.

1 person likes this.
  17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

plus 50 points, which I think only less than a handful of players has accomplished and averaged the tripdub playing 8-10 minutes less

I think Russ is winning the scoring title this year too

:slayer:

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I've said this before. Russ's 16-17 season - one of the all-time greatest fuck you's in sports. What else is up there? Babe Ruth calling his shot? Ali shit talking Frazier into a rage and then beating him in the ring?

19. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

There cant be a person left in this thread that thinks Harden is the MVP.

1 person likes this.
  20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Have you met Styleforvm? Or for that matter, Murica?