1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Raptors gets their Lebron-stopper, PJ Tucker. With Ibaka, they might be poised to give the East some problems.

2. double00

double00 Senior member

please tell me you typed this on your phone

2 people like this.
  3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Why the fuck would you even take a first rounder if it's top 18 protected??

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Taj Gibson is a great addition to that team. Him and Adams with Grant backing them up is a decent group.

5. diadem

diadem Senior member

Lakers won't have to give anything up for him. They just have to wait a bit. He's basically hellbent on signing with them as a free agent.

1 person likes this.
  6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I hope it's true this time around...

1 person likes this.
  7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

the fuck is colangelo doing

bring back hinkey

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Wow so someone named Yogi is going to be a starting PG in the NBA

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Basketball is 90% mental. The other half is physical.

2 people like this.
  11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Hopefully you guys had already picked him up for your fantasy leagues. Other guys who have a chance to be huge are Tyreke, Cauley Stein and maybe Noel. But Noel sucks so he would be a lower tier

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Serial kicker is back

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Can't wait until he meets Grayson Allen next year.

3 people like this.
  14. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

1 person likes this.
  16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

It's weird... the celtics are semi punting this season.

They'll probably get that 2 seed anyway, but with no trades, even minor ones that could've helped them (like a PJ Tucker-type) its obvious they don't care if they lose even early in the playoffs.

Then again there was no reason to give up anything this trade deadline, especially before this lottery. If it's a #1 pick (hell even a top three pick), next season the Nets still look top 3 lottery bound, and with max cap space this summer.

This offseason you could theoretically sign a max player and still have enough pieces (2017 top 3 pick) to trade for another star, wait until next years deadline and STILL have the pieces (2018 lottery pick) to trade for ANOTHER star.

THANKS NETS!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I don't agree at all. Sac was talking to Ainge and he knew Boogie could be had cheaply. And then a godfather offer for Butler....Celts could be rolling with IT2, Boogie, Horford AND Jimmy Butler right now, plus whatever's left from the young talented group of Crowder/Bradley/Smart/Brown that didn't get traded.

That plus the Celts' great coaching staff could beat the Cavs with a lame Kevin Love right now. And have the All star cred to go against SA or GSW in the Finals.

The alternative is to stay in the draft, need to nail those picks and come away with superstars, and finally gel further down the road? With all the uncertainty that's in the league? I think the Celtics fucked up.

EDIT: Upon re-reading I don't disagree with everything - you're right that Boston is sitting pretty with options and assets galore. My point was more, if you tried hard enough you could have flipped them for two of the 10 best players in the league, and I don't feel the Celtics tried hard enough

18. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i get it... i wanted the celtics to go for the finals now with a Butler trade by offering both 2017 and 2018 nets picks. but....

the thing is.... butler... george....both are still there this offseason.

sure you can gun for the cavs and the finals right now, but in trading for a max level guy now, you probably give up 75% of those assets now (one or even both of those potential top three lottery picks 2017 and 2018 nets pics) and you bog down your salary cap and lose flexibility.

now you start thinking about going into the luxury tax with a team based around thomas, horford, and butler/george.

where let's say the clerics finangle someone like Heyward (great white hope!), then offer the boat for Butler this summer (maybe offer both whomever you drafted from 2017 nets pick AND the 2018 nets pick), now you have a team of Thomas, Heyward, Butler, and Horford.. now that's something to pay the luxury tax for.

19. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i bet the celtics will draft one of the superstar potential point guards guys too. you get the best talent regardless of present roster. that kind of thinking is what led the blazers to pass on michel jordan [​IMG]

i don't doubt Ainge to do something totally drastic/crazy and dangle Isiah Thomas in a trade too.