1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

What if this is the new Melo and Stoudemire

1 person likes this.
  2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

So Cousins goes from one shit team to another? I'll bet his attitude really improves.

And it could be a good front court, if Davis can stay healthy, which he can't.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Holy shit. I know Boogie is a huge asshole who deserves a good bitch slap for acting like a bitch...but what did the Kings get back for him?? Wow. Do they think that Buddy Hield is Mitch Richmond?

Vivek and Vlade's credibility has sank to a new low (you might argue that you can't get any lower than zero). Not just for straight up lying to the face of Cousins, his agent, and everyone with an internet connection. But also for getting taken to the cleaners.

They should bring David Stern back to serve as fantasy commish and veto bullshit trades like he did with the CP/Lakers trade

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Even bigger lol: Pelicans offered the same package minus Hield to Sixers for Okafor and were turned down, according to ESPN. Lmao Kings

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Is this Davis' and Cousin's misguided attempt at creating a superteam ? Are those two the ones that forced the teams hands and pushed for the trade?

lol maybe john wall is going to force his way onto Nola now.

The odds are it's just the Kings ineptitude, but man...

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Spare a thought for poor Tyreke Evans.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

To this point in the season, Cousins has made 6 more 3-pointers than Hield.

9. dcg

dcg Senior member

And this trade is even better for the Sixers than the Okafor trade would have been (given swap rights this year and the 2019 unprotected first).

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2 people like this.
  11. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

And unproven like 1/2 the players in the NBA. Of all the Kings bad trades, this has to be the absolute worst.

14. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

The quote needn't even be true and I'd still believe Vivek said that.

1 person likes this.
  15. double00

double00 Senior member

the idea of developing another Curry-type player in this league is interesting.

remember Curry came up with Monta Ellis (who was more or less the first option at that time) and he didn't really have his current skill set then... now Curry uses mid-range moves for looks at 3 range but he wasn't really doing that back then.

meanwhile Klay wouldn't have been nearly as prolific a 3-point shooter if not for the first option Curry.

all that is to say that without another first option scorer i don't see a young player developing Curry-type skills. who is the other guy on the Kings?

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

But that would get LAL where, exactly?

1 person likes this.
  17. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Yeah but you miss the point... we're talking steph "potential". That's a bit of a joke, tell me exactly who else has "curry like" skills? Anyone can have curry like potential that is young and can shoot a 3 better than Michael Carter Williams. Are we building a team or trying to win the power ball lottery?

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Seems like Vivek has a weird obsession with Buddy Hield. Supposedly Vivek was the only owner at Buddy's pro day last spring.

19. double00

double00 Senior member

No i get it... dont forget its everything you wrote plus klay's body lol

20. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

That can't be good. Isn't that what the GM is supposed to insulate the owner from; weird obsessions/flights of fancy?

I wonder how Cousins feels about all this. Obviously there was an acrimonious relationship up there, but the faux assurances made earlier that day and the lost $$$ has to sting.

On the other hand, I suspect Cousins may be more excited to play in NOLA plus to me they seem to have a great young core of Davis, Cousins, and Holiday.