1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You're taking all this pretty seriously. Take it easy.

A 50 second sport doesn't intrigue me. Its called a preference.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Taking it seriously? I'm using your logic...

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

As I said, it's a preference, not a poor excuse to explore a logical end, and not the only reason to appreciate a sport.

4. jet

jet Senior member

lmfaooooo

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i remember when Derek Jeter won sportsman of the year in 2009 - the last yankees world series.

that was laughable because he's always been a shitty defensive SS (maaaaybe he was a good SS in his first couple of years) but all defensive metrics had him as near to the worst defensive SS of the league. its often been said that jeter's shitty defense as SS cost the yankees more games than his offense ever produced.

there was also that sportsman of the year where it was given to a horse. a fucking horse.

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

By the way, its now sportsperson of the year, not sportsman. That's like racist man.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

So Draymond's now kicked like, what, is it 10 people now? I'll spare you all the "back in the day..." rant, but how are the other players letting this slide? Granted, I'm only watching highlights, but I don't see any player come at him after getting kicked. Maybe a little jawing, but meh.

I know that the NBA cleaned up fighting, and to their credit, have issued flagrants/suspensions to Draymond and all that. But I still feel players should have a little balls (hehe) and do a little self policing.

You pull some shit in hockey and baseball and you better have your head on a swivel after that. That stuff has been totally managed out by the NBA. It's pretty clear to me that Green does this stuff intentionally and opportunistically (is anyone still debating this?). I remember when Shawn Bradley was still in the league (uh oh, couldn't resist 'back in the day' rant after all) and kept slicing guys open with his elbows. Finally a couple of guys just had enough and would just straight up punch him in the face whenever they got hit with an elbow. Would love to see this happen once or twice to Draymond and maybe he'll stop. It would be a bit more satisfying than a parade of suspensions following by whining in the media

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  8. double00

double00 Senior member

Lebron blocking iggy was illegal btw. Its a foul to touch the ball while the ball is touching the backboard. He clearly knew what he did in the moment too. It didnt decide the series but a blown call anyways.

1 person likes this.
  9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Matt Barnes goes 1-11 vs NYK

Then goes out to club, chokes woman and punches 2 dudes

What a credit to the NBA

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

to be fair, those rulemaker didn't major in kinesiology and none of them can touch the rim so they are clueless, according to Green that is...

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I dont believe that ball had touched the backboard yet.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

yah this so natural :lol:

[​IMG]

13. double00

double00 Senior member

You cant pin the ball to the backboard. Like i say dont matter and it was a great play anyways (lots of great plays in any sport are disputable).

What is dray doing that dirk doesnt do? You can create your own space, if some dude hits your foot with his nuts thats on him haha.

1 person likes this.
  14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

dirk doesn't hit dudes on the balls

which is again a wonder if it is true what Dray claims that it's a natural movement then why isn't there a handfull of ball kicking happening every night? not even any other incident in a season except for him

15. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

But Jeter's face!

16. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

He didn't, he blocked the shot into the backboard and at the same time swept it to the side.

1 person likes this.
  17. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

With regards to Green, some bodies just work differently. I never saw anyone anyone complaining about Marion's weird shooting form or Kobe/Dirk's leg kicks.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think many would complain if people got hit with those kicks though and how many instances does the kick happen to hit the groin area by one person?

I mean what does Green want the league to do? Give him an exception every time he kicks someone and simply call it a common foul?

Flagrant foul 1s are given on excessive contact if it is unintentional and so far no one has given him a flagrant 2 because they deemed it on purpose.

But that gif I posted, Green wasn't even given a foul/tech.flagrant in that play iirc.

And in this play, he clearly kicks out that leg way after the play and you just can't say that is simply momentum.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

19. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ I don't think that video is the best example. It looks to me that as Green is jumping, Crabbe (who does a decent job at defending him btw) knocks him off-balance. His "kick" seems more like a precursor to him falling but he regains his balance at the last second.

20. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Green's kicking actions are predicated on a flash of anger and result in his backlash. They are not related to his balance.

This is different from that Reggie Miller garbage of kicking his legs out to draw contact in a shooting motion.

1 person likes this.