NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

hroi is so happy right now but will be very sad come playoff time

2. venessian

venessian Senior member

byum kinda faded towards the end too.... he was dominating (literally dry ass raping the Heat bigs) the whole game but disappeared in the last 4 min.

You're right. The Lakers did not close well at all. Bynum, Kobe, Artest jacking up that 3, Wade waltzing down the middle for an easy bucket.

I don't think it was GT on Ilgauskas, but it sure looked like Wade and then Punk raked Kobe under the basket.

Still, the Lakers didn't do what they needed to do.

3. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Nope. Some shitty reffing, but poor execution on both ends by the Lakers at the end doomed them.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Lakers got robbed plain and simple and I am not much to say that even for the Lakers. Seriously, a bad goaltending no-call and a foul-screen by James to knock Kobe down and again no call.

5. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

http://atdhenet.tv/ FTW!
    Thank you, Thank you thank you.

6. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

Lakers got robbed plain and simple and I am not much to say that even for the Lakers. Seriously, a bad goaltending no-call and a foul-screen by James to knock Kobe down and again no call.

don't forget about the non-call on the blatant foul by wade on kobe's (admittedly, bad) shot

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Do ya guys think they were crying tears of relief in the locker room? [​IMG]

8. 13k

13k Senior member

9. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

10. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    disappointing game because they could have won. lots of things to point at ... kobe's 2 missed 3s and 2 tos in the final 2 1/2 minutes, artest missing the bunny, nobody getting between wade and the basket... some sloppy calls, but refs probably had a better game than the lakes did.
    to me, the really notable thing was the wayy the bench, again, fell apart. iirc, there was a 10-point swing in that end of third-to-beginning of fourth period, where they went from 6 up to 4 down. the bench just hasn't found its rhythm or its cohesiveness offensively. that's my biggest concern heading into the playoffs.

11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    one more thought, since i'm already late to the party, anyone else wonder whether guarding wade took too much out of kobe's legs? particularly after that steal, it seemed like wade had really gotten inside kobe's head.

12. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

Nope, after an admittedly bad 3/4 of a game, kobe went shooting

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6205162

i think he was referring to the heat.

one more thought, since i'm already late to the party, anyone else wonder whether guarding wade took too much out of kobe's legs? particularly after that steal, it seemed like wade had really gotten inside kobe's head.

i doubt it. i don't think that kind of stuff affects kobe.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

i doubt it. i don't think that kind of stuff affects kobe.

Yup, Kobe got focus on lock.
    [​IMG]

14. 13k

13k Senior member

i think he was referring to the heat.
    After re-reading it you're right :\\ I agree that Kobe has focus down, but Dwade probably had some affect on him. Remember back in last year's finals we had Fish on Ray Allen instead of Kobe? Chasing Ray around on defense would wear him out quick and affect his offense. I see a similar situation here with Dwade and Lebron requiring defensive attention from Ron and Kobe. Again can't do a full comparison b/c it was a 7 games series vs. just a regular season matchup but I think fatigue might have a bit to do with his offense.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

After re-reading it you're right :\\

I agree that Kobe has focus down, but Dwade probably had some affect on him. Remember back in last year's finals we had Fish on Ray Allen instead of Kobe? Chasing Ray around on defense would wear him out quick and affect his offense. I see a similar situation here with Dwade and Lebron requiring defensive attention from Ron and Kobe. Again can't do a full comparison b/c it was a 7 games series vs. just a regular season matchup but I think fatigue might have a bit to do with his offense.

He was talking about getting into Kobes head, not his conditioning.