• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That 3-point play happened more than once but even ignoring that he has dominated many 4th quarters against the Clips and Lakers. You got to remember that the Clips and Grizz have had a few playoffs series battles outside of regular season games. IIRC two years in a row, one 7-game and the other 6-game?

And the Clippers bench was definitely WAY WAY better lats year. You cannot fathom how big of a difference Collison is to Farmar. Hell Collison won that playoff game against the OKC. Darren sparks the bench the same way Bledsoe does, Farmar just chucks up 3s and not much else. Farmar was so bad that he plays 10 minutes less than Collison because he can't defend and he can't score and he can't facilitate. Collison could, on defense alone is far and away better than Farmar, Doc was able to play CP3 and Collison so that CP3 doesn't have to guard the other teams PG. Farmar is so bad he had to be let go int he middle of the season. Last years bench tended to increase the lead, this years blows it. Hawes is the biggest addition this year and they expected similar numbers to his healthy self from the Sixers but that hasn't shown up. After that, all that is left is Crawford.

I mean really int he end you can't even compare Farmar to Collison, it's a landslide win for Collison all the way. Not even close.

Just google "Clippers Bench" and you'd probably see several articles on how bad they are this year and how most thought they were improving the bench and why most analyst got the Clips picked to be moving on from the West.

I would definitely consider Cousins and Westbrook Superstars, Milsap probably tittering the line but he is right there. I don't think my standard is lower, just different.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And finally just looked at CP3s stats and some are down. Points, Assist and Steals are all down. PER is also down from 25.9 last year to 24.6 this year.

I am not expert in stats but if you can check the difference between this years bench versus last years and I am almost certain you'll see a difference there.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am not down on DJ at all but I wouldn't consider him a part of the big 3 or the Clips.

And then there's all this talk about a max deal. Interesting dynamics.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes you got to be part of the "big 3" to be a max deal player despite the name meaning absolutely nothing other than just a name. :brick:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyways, Kings coach supposedly met with the front office last night and now George Karl is being looked at as the next coach to start as soon as Tuesday.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And then there's all this talk about a max deal. Interesting dynamics.

Yes you got to be part of the "big 3" to be a max deal player despite the name meaning absolutely nothing other than just a name. :brick:

BDqtiHf.jpg

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A "big 3" is usually interpreted as the best 3 players. If DJ is not one of them, then I wonder how people can think he's worthy of a max.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:brick: :facepalm:

Um no. "Big 3" is a label (just a label) if the team has 3 elite or superstars in the team. If the "big 3" simply meant the 3 best players in every team then that means every team has a "big 3".

Hell why stop at "big 3", why not "big 5" and that would be the teams starting line-up? Why not the "big 6" if you have the 6th man of the year?

I'm not even going to entertain another back & forth with you on Jordans contract.

I swear I don't want to fall for the trap goddamnit!

Last edited:

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A "big 3" is usually interpreted as the best 3 players. If DJ is not one of them, then I wonder how people can think he's worthy of a max.
Does this really need to be spelled out for you? The NBA isn't some used car market where there's a Kelley Blue Book price on each player. Supply and demand, bruh. How many centers lead the league in blocks while also having the highest FG% and average double-figure scoring?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does this really need to be spelled out for you?  The NBA isn't some used car market where there's a Kelley Blue Book price on each player.  Supply and demand, bruh.  How many centers lead the league in blocks while also having the highest FG% and average double-figure scoring?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't be so quick to get trapped.
I know, but...

I feel like other people come into this thread expecting us to roast him and we'd be doing everyone an injustice if we just started ignoring him.

:laugh: .... keep fighting the good fight!

I was watching the Hawks Warriors game and did anyone notice how the damn hawks arena organist was going off? Motherfucker was jamming the whole 48min.

edit: ah ok so the Hawks organist name is Sir Foster and he's been jamming hard pre bandwagon (circa 2011). :teach:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Yeah he was on "The Starters" one night and he played throughout the entire show,, no joke. His rendition of "Don't Tell 'Em" is great

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does this really need to be spelled out for you?  The NBA isn't some used car market where there's a Kelley Blue Book price on each player.  Supply and demand, bruh.  How many centers lead the league in blocks while also having the highest FG% and average double-figure scoring?

I understand the obvious. I find it funny that a guy vying for a max deal wouldn't be considered an elite player/part of a 'big 3'. What humors seems important to some of you. And Kelly Blue Book prices are based on supply and demand, bruh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads