1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

LOL, Harrison Barnes on the Olympic roster

2. diadem

diadem Senior member

I would go with Rudy, personally. He played for Team USA in the 2010 and 2014 FIBA tournaments and has a good rapport with Coach K. But yeah, there are definitely good wings still out there. Gordon Hayward is another guy who I think would fit better. Oh well.

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

He was a very good college player for his short tenure. Not sure how he'll translate as a pro. Good athlete. Not much of an outside shot, but young enough to develop there. 6'7" but not really someone who is ever going to be a post player, strong rebounder, or interior defender. Either he stays healthy and is coachable (indications are positive here) and he turns into a really useful athletic wing (although I can't really see him ever being a superstar level player), but he could also be playing overseas within three years.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

So, the next Kawhi Leonard, only if Kawhi couldn't shoot, post up, rebound or defend? :p

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Also, mad respect to PG for not hesitating to go for the Olympic team after suffering that career threatening injury the last time he suited up

1 person likes this.
  6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

This would accurately describe Iman Shumpert in 2011.

7. diadem

diadem Senior member

Kawhi's J was broken when he first came into the league. That wizard Chip Engelland worked his magic on him, though.

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

9. diadem

diadem Senior member

1 person likes this.
  10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Great piece on Hinkie. Two of my favorite points:

• It wasn't necessarily Hinkie's inability to sell his process, but rather the agents/GMs fear of his success that undermined his ship
    • Gross incompetence (e.g., the Kings organization) is acceptable, but taking "advantage" of the system is unacceptable to Commissioner Silver (i.e., the commish put a lot of pressure on the Sixers ownership group to bring in the Colangelos)

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I'd rather have an incompetent organization over this "experiment". The reason is that the incompetent organization is at least trying to win. Trying to lose should never be rewarded. I'm glad he's gone. Unfortunately the rules haven't changed yet.

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

13. diadem

diadem Senior member

There are already reports that the Sixers are chasing Harrison Barnes hard in free agency...Yeah, Hinkie really should have stuck around for another season, I think.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  14. jet

jet Senior member

Durant refusing to meet with the lakers lol. Would be great if we could get whiteside but might be a pipe dream.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

why would durant leave OKC for the lakers

if he leaves it'll only be because he wants a ring

16. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

KD is going to the Warriors, aren't you excited?

17. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

why the fuck would KD leave okc? they'll probably win 60+ games next season and have epic battle with Lebron in finals.

Adams made things simple with that anchor at 5 on defense and offense. okc is complete now and makes sense.

the weird part is that if KD leaves I still think okc wins 50+ games and is a legit title contender anyway especially if they scramble and get a al hortford type FA like gasol, hortford, or even loul deng. wb can go kobe/Allen iverson 2.0 and just be the alpha.

18. jet

jet Senior member

I feel sorry for Durant poor guy is never going to win a thing in okc doesn't matter they keep making the playoffs or not.

19. globobock

globobock Senior member

BTW...
    It is not NBA, but I've read an excerpt of Paul Zimmermanns upcoming Autobiography at MMQB (si.com).

Excellent, excellent read!
    And reading the SIs Vault section made you admire the Long form of sportwritings past. Quality man, Quality!

20. diadem

diadem Senior member

Memphis is going after Chandler Parsons and are confident they can retain Mike Conley. Either way, they still won't be contenders in the West.