1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Huh? They pumped out a steady trickle of worthless shit right through the NBA Finals. Not sure if they wrote any hockey stuff, but I hear some NHL activity was going on recently.

2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Did they even do any actual analysis for the finals?

3. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

Offseason shenanigans starting already:

Derrick Rose and Justin Holiday traded to the Knicks for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant, and Jose Calderon.

Jeff Teague traded to the Pacers in a 3-team deal where George Hill is going to Utah and the Hawks are getting the 12th overall draft pick from Utah. This move is supposed to make it easier for ATL to re-sign Al Horford.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Rose noooo!!!!!! :\

My god. We get a broken down Calderon, mediocre rookie, and Lopez. SMH

SMH Bulls front office!

5. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Wtf???! So this tells me that the Bulls think that Rose is shit

1 person likes this.
  6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

It means they chose Jimmy Butler over Rose. Might as well get pieces back if they can't coexist

7. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

How good is Rose, now? I haven't seen him in a few years and thought his career was done.

8. ballmouse

ballmouse Well-Known Member

Rose last season did not prove he was still an All-Star. He appeared to be just a capable starter or rotation player.

Not sure if it's a big deal that they move him.

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Yep. Rose is the hometown guy. Moving him used to be as unthinkable as Cleveland getting rid of LeBron. Hope the Knicks made him take a physical first.

10. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

The most entertaining part of this whole thing is that the Bulls traded Rose for the one starting point guard in the league that's more fragile than he is.

You'd think that the one benefit to trading Rose is resolving your durability concerns at PG but they failed to even do that

11. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

The other message here is that Noah can go with Lopez coming in.

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

Knicks making a run at the 2011 nba championship!

3 people like this.
  13. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

There's something comedic about Rose and Carmelo together.

14. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

"BREAKING: Derrick Rose transferred from Cook County Hospital to New York Presbyterian."

Straight-up savages in the Bleacher Report comments...

3 people like this.
  15. marvin100

marvin100 Well-Known Member

Rose was terrible last year

16. globobock

globobock Well-Known Member

It just means you are getting older.

Same as me.

Euro 2016 is happening and I barely follow the German games. I used to watch and analyze even games like Albania against Swiss. Now I barely care about Italy against Spain. Real live is just taking up too much time.

17. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

All the more relevant now that it appears the Knicks are on Dwight Howard's short list...

18. Akeem

Akeem Well-Known Member

rose/melo/howard could potentially make a run to the finals in the east if they stayed healthy for 1 year.

19. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Or would be Shaqtin' a Fool joint MVPs.

20. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

Avoided anything sports after Sunday's loss. Not even going to read the last 3 pages of this thread. Congrats to Cleveland, they played very well and were disciplined on the defensive end. LeBron was tireless on D and Kyrie hit just enough tough, tough shots on offense to get them ahead. The entire series was tied in points until that step-back 3.

Disappointed in Curry. Was he 100%? Likely not. He couldn't get separation on Kevin Love of all frickin people, and that tells me all I need to know. But the thing with Curry is that when he's limited and pressing, he makes even more mistakes, like idiotic behind the back passes. I just about threw my beer glass at the TV when that happened. He will need to learn how to impact the game and improve decision making when forcing the issue.

Barnes is garbage and so is Ezeli. Barnes' handle has not improved in 4 years and his shot completely fell off. He consistently rebounds well. D is mostly there but not always. But goodness I can't think of a wing with worse handles. He's not such a plus defender that you live with the zero offense. On offense when he's missing the 3, he does NOTHING else. No slashing, no playmaking, nothing. Shit, even Roberson commanded more attention on offense by cutting and backdooring. Pathetic.

Ezeli has improved from brick hands to stone hands. He's athletic and mobile but kept screwing up PnR defense. Unplayable this series and for most of the playoffs. Kerr messed up by keeping these 2 in the game for so long.

And with that, I still love Dubs. Bring on the haters and trolls. Laker fans troll my FB and that means we're relevant, because the Lakers have been hot garbage for a few years. Historic season with a crap asterisk and a lot of great moments. The league moves quickly and we might not make the finals for another 40 years but the last 2 have been great. :slayer: