1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Harshest possible outcome. LeBron initiated that whole fiasco, and tried to do the same with Curry.

At best, that was a technical on Draymond, which would not have resulted in a suspension.

It goes without saying that Draymond certainly accumulated previous flagrant points, but on this play??? No fucking way. Again, double T AT BEST and move on. But a flagrant 1? That's such bullshit.

2 people like this.
  2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Seems to me they were punishing him cumulatively. I'm not sure it had much to do with Lebron, seems more to do with him not respecting the free pass he got w Adams. This is why that Adams kick was the moment to suspend him, not now. Had they done the right thing then, they wouldn't have needed to say enough is enough now.

1 person likes this.
  3. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Who the fuck is that?

4. billsayers

billsayers Senior member

Andrew Bynum doing his best Fat Albert meets Wesley Snipes impression.

2 people like this.
  5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Add Rodman to that and we're good.

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I bet it's like baseball where the refs repeatedly tried to warn Draymond throuought the OKC series (and maybe the whole season) for his taunting, excessive complaining and sometimes dirty play.

Right after the testicle kick it seemed like Draymond tried to hold himself back for a game, but then seemed to actually ratchet up his taunting/physical play and had some borderline taunting/physical fouls that could've warranteed a tech.

As mention before it's similar to baseball where the refs get pissed and will actually turn against a player to the point where they conspire to not give benefit of the doubt calls, only this time it was the league stepping in.

There have been asshole players like Garnett, Rodman, Mahorn, etc that played similarly dirty, but once refs gave warnings they'd behave. Draymond never seemed afraid and would blatantly up the ante by defiantly and not respect the refs warnings.

Man though Draymond is a fucking awesome player. It's wierd because I wouldn't want to lose him if I had to choose losing one of the big three of curry klay or Draymond.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

The Cavs should be embarrassed if they can't beat the Warriors sans Green.

8. jet

jet Senior member

I was at plan check on friday and it was funny seeing people cheering for the warriors and like two for the cavs. I asked our server where the fuck all these warrior fans came from and he said fuckin no idea and laughed.

Lebron is just more and more of a bitch every game. I love that his finals record is about to be 2-5 while Kobe and Jordan are laughing their asses off.

9. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Matt Barnes back on the Warriors would be dope

12. globobock

globobock Senior member

I wonder why nobody has asked Tyronn Lue whether he was thinking about the Allen-Iverson-Step-Over when LBJ did his over Green.

Tonights G5 will be interessting, to say the least.

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Eh, not sure about that. They already have Draymond. They don't need a Barnes/Stephenson type. Barnes seems to fit in well with the scrappy underdog teams, supposedly bringing toughness and all that. But if I had a team that's already championship caliber, I'm not sure I'd want him. Too much of a loose cannon, too willing to put his hot-headed ego ahead of true team-first play. There are tons of guys out there that can fill his actual basketball role just as well or better - tall, lanky, reasonably quick (although aging) forward who's decent at trapping and help not a great post or on ball defender, is at best an average rebounder for his size, can't get his own shot, is something of a streaky shooter but is fond of 3-pointers with a 3-point shooting percentage in the low 30's. He'll give you some great hustle/energy plays but will make enough bonehead plays to make it close to a wash.

I loved Barnes at UCLA once he got his act together and was a fan of him (more for energy and not being boring) for a while as a pro, but his act is a bit tired and, as noted, I just don't think he has much to add that GS couldn't easily get elsewhere with less downside risk.

14. double00

double00 Senior member

draymond will apparently be watching G5 from a box next door at the coliseum (during the A's game!)

i hope the w's win tonight and we can get the pov shot of dray running through the parking lot like Dustin Hoffman at the end of The Graduate.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    3 people like this.
  15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Is he not allowed to be on the sideline/bench? (or the stands)?

16. double00

double00 Senior member

not allowed in the building.

17. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Security guards all told to wear cups probably

2 people like this.
  18. double00

double00 Senior member

it'd be amazing if he pulled a Bobby Valentine and threw on the Humpty Hump nose and glasses.

Shock G is from The Town, no? he could probably hook him up!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    2 people like this.
  19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

20. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

As mentioned earlier, the Lue stepover.

[​IMG]