1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. globobock

globobock Senior member

BTW, the Moment GSW ran away in the 3rd Quarter, I had the Feeling that the game was over although OKC never really went away.

When Curry went on his 3-Point Barrage and Shaun Livingstone make his dunk, OKC looked finished. There was no fire in them anymore.

Than GSW started to relax, made silly TOs and blew easy lay ups. Durant and Waiter made their final Stand but Curry came for the rescue again.

The athletic defense of OKC still came on occasionally, but what was really obvious was their offense - or their lack of. There was no structure, just chaotic hero-balling from KD and esp. Westbrook.

After G4 I was sure KD will stay, now I'm not. I guess, it will depend on what improvements B. Donovan can promise to him. I do think that OKC already has the material, it is just the mental part where they Need to improve.

Next year I'm willing to root for OKC, Seattle curse be damned.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

dude, I agree(d) with you the whole time :facepalm:

good luck with jim buss led lakers though. you know its sad when phil jackson flying to LA to fuck Jeanie makes major headlines giving laker fans boners about phil possibly coming back :lol:

3. jet

jet Senior member

Oh you dirty two faced lawrence what are we going to do with you and your unhealthy obsession with the lake squad?

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Not sure why DOnovan went away from his usual rotation. He ususally sits KD with a few minutes left in the 3rd and then star the 4th and Russ gets a few minutes of rest.

In the last two games, both pretty much played the whole second half.

Billie sat KD with maybe 2 minutes left in the 3rd and someone got fouled and then KD was back on the court.

I think it's just those trust issues, Donovan either felt no one else could keep the lead or close without both on the court without a 20 point lead or KD and Russ got to him about being benched in the second half.

Either way I think it was their downfall. I also hope he trusted Adams enough to finish the game, felt like he was in the bench most of the second half. I know it didn't help that Stephgod was back to putting the big guy son skates but I think he would been better there than Waiters in the end.

5. globobock

globobock Senior member

I mean, seriously. With all his resources, it was about time LeBron start listening to some PR advisors.
    I know, I'm being sarcastic here.

The way Steph was toying with Adams was a Beauty to watch. It looked so easy.

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

This. The guy is a dick.

And that annoying finger point to god after every 3. And that disgusting mouthpiece, you can't eat and watch a GS game at the same time.

Their fundamental flaw is mental, has been for years. It has improved, but they couldn't maintain it for just 1 more game. And frankly it had a lot to do with Donovan's bad substitutions in G5, his 2 best players were out there the last few minutes with rubber legs. And in general he looked caught in the headlights the last 3 games.

Their second fundamental flaw is management. You have your 3rd highest plaid player play 9 minutes in G7 conference finals elimination. Someone, anyone, please explain how that is worth $16m a year. It's laughable.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Reading into it a lil too much are we? :satisfied:

8. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Can someone tell me what the hell Andrew Bogut does? This guy SUCKS!

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

My stomach isn't reading into it. He looks like a dog on a chewing bone at the FT line, can't watch it. :crazy:

He's a solid player. Clever defender, great passer. Unfortunately he players limited minutes and he's less athletic than earlier in his career. Would rather have him than that Kanter albatross, fucking $16m in salary to play 9 minutes in the biggest game of the season, what a clown.

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

So the backlash against Steph has started. I dunno guys, he still seems like one of the most likeable guys in the league...which is saying something because success always breeds contempt. Although I agree that constantly having to see his mouthpiece is disgusting.

4 people like this.
  11. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

You don't remember the Kobe Bryant death stare to Mike Brown? Mike was gone like within a week after that death stare.

12. kissmyjazz

kissmyjazz Senior member

Kanter's 'stache alone is easily worth 3-4 millions. I agree though that it was stupid to play smallball against the best smallball team in the league.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Is now a good time to remind everyone that that money could've gone to Harden? :slapfight:

1 person likes this.
  14. diadem

diadem Senior member

They wouldn't have gotten Steven Adams if they kept Harden, though, right? I agree that keeping Harden is still the right thing to do in hindsight, but the emergence of Adams in these playoffs changes things a bit.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

So let's see some picks...

Who wins and in how many games?

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I take it you didn't watch game 5?

What does Bogut do? Generally speaking, accept his role and be a team player rather than someone who gets pissy because he's not featured as the star player people once thought he could be. More specifically: provide some rim defense, be willing to push and shove a bit inside, focus on picks, passing, and rebounding without demanding the ball or clogging the lane so the wings can drive the lane. You'd prefer somebody like Dwight?

1 person likes this.
  17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Bogut is there to annoy players too and get them to commit fouls/techs and just be physical. He is a dirty player but he is also a good defender, he is a pretty good shot blocker considering he doesn't seem to elevate much in his jump these days but he makes a difference in the paint.

He is also pretty smart and you'll see a stark difference when he exits and Ezeli enters.

1 person likes this.
  18. jet

jet Senior member

What? The growing dislike has absolutely zero to do with how well he plays.

19. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Kobe had teammates like Fisher and Horry who were willing to take, and able to make, big shots when they got the opportunity. Everyone on OKC other than Westbrook and Durant looked and played scared, which put more pressure on the two main guys.

20. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Dion Waiters has never seen a shot he couldn't make. :foo:

2 people like this.