1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

I don't have a dog in this fight. Just pointing out what I've heard people saying in SF. He has seems noticeably slower.

2. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

It doesn't matter if he's not 100% or not. Noone is 100%.

Adams has no testicles left and is playing without thumbs.

1 person likes this.
  3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

OKC defense is on fire and andre roberson is making his shots... even the westbrook pull up threes are going in

it's ok tho. we're going to win 7 straight for the championship!!!

not going to upload this gif cuz it's massive, but...

http://imgur.com/tPraACl

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

As much as I throw shade at GSW, it's mind-boggling that this is their first back-to-back losses this season

5. Neo_Version 7

Ernie: Tell me about Draymond Green's night, Shaq.

Shaq: It wasn't a great night.

Kenny: To say the least.

Lol i heart these clowns

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Poor little petal!

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

How can you complain about calls when your team loses by 24? At a certain point the refs aren't even an excuse.

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Stick a fork in 'em. The W's are done.

9. marvin100

marvin100 Senior member

Funny thing about that gif is that it's eerily reminiscent of the kind of sequential "picks" GS always uses to get him open. You could find any number of similar clips of guys trying to chase him around and being bumped, grabbed, jostled, and shoved by GS players until miraculously Steph finds himself at the arc with no defender within 6 feet...

Anyway, Russell Westbrook ist krieg.

And Draymond, love him anyway, is looking pretty exposed. When he doesn't have WIDE open 3s and is being called out for kicking and tripping, he suddenly looks a little more like a regular player. I'm sure he'll figure it out, but it's probably too late this series.

The biggest deal, though, to me, is how flexible and dynamic OKC is without that boneheaded Scotty Brooks "system." I don't think Donovan's nearly the coach Kerr is, but he's not a waste of bench space at least, and it turns out that OKCs personnel is pretty fucken ace when they're given actual NBA schemes to run.

10. marvin100

marvin100 Senior member

Really, though, I'm torn.

One one hand, I sorta reflexively root for underdogs. And I fucken LOVE Russell Westbrook--the most exciting, can't-look-away talent in pro sports today.

On the other hand, I'd really like to see a rematch of last year's GS/CLE finals but with a healthy Cavs team--Lebron alone made that a series last year, and with Kyrie, Love, and Frye, I could see a serious dogfight that would be an absolute pleasure to watch.

On the third hand (elective surgery, long story), I hate hegemony and dynasties, and it would be pretty fun for the greatest regular season team ever to go down in the Conference Finals.

Either way, I'm having a ton of fun, and I don't even feel a smidgen bad that my beloved PDX team is home on vacation.

11. Neo_Version 7

"OG Russ Squad" on StyleForum is RFX, HRoi (i think,, not sure) and me.

Him going berzerker last year when KD was injured was amazing to behold!

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I was really skeptical when Zach Lowe started calling him the best center in the league. He's an interesting player and brings a unique skill set to a team, but he's been exposed. I'll always root against a guy a that does shit like this, and his other antics in general. This staredown is looking pretty idiotic right now, and I'm enjoying it. Kerr has been outcoached pretty handily, and so was Popovich. I'm not sold on Donovan mainly because of Ibaka's marginalization (not sure its the coach or player) but he's better than Brooks who was just maddening with those static rotations and making changes 2 games too late. A lot of what I'm seeing is how Adams has improved and a team with a hell of a lot more belief.

13. Neo_Version 7

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I love Russ. Which is remarkable to me because he's exactly the kind of player that frustrates me the most. But he's lovable and since he's not on my team I'm not so invested in his boneheaded outcomes that I can't see the comedy in it

The great thing is that he won this game playing exactly the same way he always does, and that he gets roundly criticized for. It's just that the pull up threes were going in, the crazy pinball drives were largely successful (layup, assist or stickback), and KD scored enough that the critics couldn't complain about Russy freezing him out

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Btw it seems like the path to the championship lies in me calling the other team unbeatable. I said it about the Spurs, now the raptors are proving me wrong against the Cavs. Zach Lowe has a good article that basically says the Raptors have flipped the script simply by making the Irving-Love tandem jointly defend the pick and roll

16. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Now that I'm seeing it up close, Kyrie is almost as poor as Harden on defense.

17. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

Was Popovich really outcoached that much? There were 3 games that could've gone either way. OKC really took advantage of their speed and height against a smaller, older team when the 4th quarter rolled around.

Looking at that series in hindsight, the Spurs actually fought back a lot better than the Warriors have so far.

18. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I agree, Popovich did better than Kerr is doing and supports the Kerr is overrated notion. This team can autopilot. What he's done well is give them a space to be themselves and not force a style of play like a Jerry Sloan would. This might be his gift. But you need to look at the last 2 games. GS brought the same stuff last night and got the exact same result. Other than one burst from Curry in G2, they've been soundly outplayed.

How about that big contract for Harrison Barnes now? LOL

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Russ Gon' Russ!

[​IMG]

Can't teach this kind of intensity.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. globobock

globobock Senior member

Season on the brink. Wonder what the 73-9 record will be worth of if they don't get the 'ship.