Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i wish the media and sports critics would stop interpreting and anaylzing lebron's and miami's weaknesses and where to improve. i just wished they would just shut up and keep it to themselves to the end of the season so we can see the team figure it out themselves or never.

2. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior Member

I seriously doubt they would ever trade any of the big 3, regardless of their needs.

No way the Celtics would trade Perk to an eastern conference playoff team.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

by now anyone sounds better than chris bosh.

i cant believe last year they had the notion of trading bynum straight up for bosh. how incredibly ridiculous now that we think about it.

4. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    by now anyone sounds better than chris bosh.

i cant believe last year they had the notion of trading bynum straight up for bosh. how incredibly ridiculous now that we think about it.

yeah, but it was only a couple of months ago that sounded incredibly ridiculous for the lakers to have passed up.

5. sexandcandy

There are only two true centers in the game today that are skilled both defensively and offensively, and they are Andrew Bynum and Dwight Howard.

Giving up Bynum to get anyone other than Dwight would be stupid. STUPID

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

No way the Celtics would trade Perk to an eastern conference playoff team.

the celtics wouldn't trade within the conference, thats part of why they traded him away because they couldn't afford to give him more than the salary cap would allow. The Heat are presently under the cap and could offer him a lot more in the offseason.

A healthy Perkins on the Heat or OKC is exactly what they need: Role players willing to do the dirty work and focus on defense/rebounds. All the heat have now are role players willing to take jump shots.

7. sexandcandy

I agree, part of the reason why they miss Haslem so badly.

8. foodguy

There are only two true centers in the game today that are skilled both defensively and offensively, and they are Andrew Bynum and Dwight Howard.

+100

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

bynum reminds me so much of those huge walking tree monsters in Lord of the Rings II movie. uncanny resemblances in their length, limbs/branches, gait, strength, movement around the basket. etc

10. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

Lol. I'm not sold on Bynum being in the same conversation as Howard yet. I liked what he showed against the Spurs but he has to do that shit consistently. not to mention stay on the floor consistently and injury free. I think right now is a good sell-high time for him actually, if the trade deadline hadn't passed.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Would take dwight over bynum every day of the week.

PS. Lebron won't win anything until he becomes a complete player, his drive to the hoop ain't gonna win championships which is why he cavs got crushed in the playoffs.

12. foodguy

you're absolutely right. bynum isn't quite as good as the best center in the game right now. but, as someone else once said, at least he's in the conversation. and if he were the hub for the lakes the way howard is for orlando, he'd have more impressive numbers (at least offensively .. prety hard to beat 35 points, 10 blocks in 2 games).

13. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

Bynum is very injury prone. I'm not sure he'll be a significant player in 3 years.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

15. Walking Man

Walking Man Active Member

Bynum is very injury prone. I'm not sure he'll be a significant player in 3 years.

I can't remember how Bynum got hurt the first time but his second injury was a freak accident caused by Kobe falling backwards into his leg. The Lakers have been winning recently due to the play of Bynum and he's getting better every game. If the Lakers were to actually give him the ball him the post he would easily score 15 points a game right now and let's not forget that he's only 23.