1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

This is kind of fun.

Bonus: the great Vin Scully, in the last clip, describing Milton Bradley throwing balls on the field "like rice at a wedding".

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. wojt

wojt Senior member

Tayshuan Prince comes to mind

3. diadem

diadem Senior member

I remember Shane Battier during his stint with the Rockets did a pretty good job on Kobe as well.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Watching the Rockets play GSW, I'm reminded about how ugly they play. All analytics, very little entertainment...at least imo.

All these players whose games I don't appreciate - Harden, Howard, Beverly, Josh Smith...even this Motejiunas post up game looks so awkward

2 people like this.
  5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

LOL at Latell Sprewell being so hard up he'll humiliate himself for dose commercial dollahs. "Success is just failure that hasn't happened yet."

1 person likes this.
  6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Man if okc loses 1st round.....let's say KD or WB demand trades....lakers have $60 million cap space and top pick.... Celtics have top pick and assets.... Houston could trade harden right back to okc.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Wild Speculation.

I like it.

Except for the Lakers part.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  8. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

No need to demand a trade when KD is a free agent this summer. Westbrook hits the market a year later.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  9. globobock

globobock Senior member

As someone who have followed the Rockets closely during the last 14 years, they are painful to watch. An embarrassment.

I remember Feeling physical pain in my stomach after that game-7 loss to Utah or after being blown out by Dirk in a game 7. I remember the empty Feeling and the what-ifs flying in my head after that 7-game series lost to the lakers which was Yaos last rodeo.

I feel nothing watching this bunch of Rockets. I even have to admit, I feel a Little bit of amusement at their Annihilation by the Warriors. Last years comeback against the Clippers was, well, a because of the curse on the Clippers. But even then it takes effort to like them.

Morey should find some analytics that include "Character" and "Chemistry".

1 person likes this.
  10. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

As a bandwagon Rockets fan, I'd rather watch them get blown out and lose 4-0 to the Warriors if that means Warriors win the Finals and make history. This isn't a fun group to watch with no heart.

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Thibs taking over Minnesota.

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Should be really fun watching him take over such young and talented team

13. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Whoever rehired Kevin McHale as an announcer should be fired.

1 person likes this.
  14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Looking forward to Thibs bringing discipline, defense, fire, and fatigue-driven injuries to the youngsters in Minnesota

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^heats on fire right now. Imagine their team next year with Bosh back

Honestly hope thibs manages minutes and rotations better

But yeah. Should hop on that wolves bandwagon early.

If I could choose any city to move to based on the NBA team I would go to Memphis, San Antonio, or Milwaukee. But I'm going to ride the Warriors til I die and occasionally cheer for the Knicks and whatever team Lin is on

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Riley pulls something out of the hat again. Realistically, they have no chance against the West, but I'll be content with them playing spoiler against Cleveland

I'm most impressed with him stealing Dragic, convincing Joe Johnson to sign, and somehow finding Whiteside and Josh Richardson out of nowhere.

1 person likes this.
  17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

They could beat the cavs. Justise and Josh were really great picks and I'm pretty surprised they dropped that low. I hope Hassan stays in Miami at the very least for his snapchat. They look they're having a lot of fun

Also moving hassan to the bench with justise and Josh and starting stat seemed like great moves by spo. Really like the youngster trio

Dragic kinda sucked until Joe came and now he seems in a good rhythm. Really fun team to watch but I hope hornets pull a game or two off

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Justise is already a great defender, and has really improved his offense this season despite still being really raw. I didn't mention him as a Great Riley move because grabbing him was a no brainer after he inexplicably fell. There was this crazy story about a team (Boston?) offering Charlotte two drafts' worth of picks when Winslow fell to the Hornets, but MJ really wanted to grab Frank Kaminsky. And then the Heat picked him next.

The roster still has a lot of uncertainty though. Wade is on the decline and is a FA. They have to re-sign Whiteside. No one knows what's going on with Bosh and if this thing is career and/or life threatening. Ideally the future will be built around Dragic, Winslow and Whiteside, but all the other pieces are important to keep together in the short term

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I feel like Justise is going to be better than Stanley. Stanley might top out as Lance Stephenson.

20. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Signing Whiteside is an Andrew Bynum type mistake. All of that guy's motivation will disappear once he gets his money. Albatrosssssss....

1 person likes this.