1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Whore would imply she's having sex on a regular basis. Ain't nobody hitting that properly

1 person likes this.
  2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I was actually surprised that the Clips managed to stop Steph as long as they did, he was 5-16 in the 4th til Jordan started letting him shoot open 3s?

At least it turned out to be a very good game, thought it was over when Clips were down by 17 or so.

Sometimes I just really got to hate CP3s game, it slows way too much with him on the court, he holds the ball way too much. The bench was actually melding well and got the lead up to 9 for the Clips and with Rivers at the point, can't believe dude actually become one of the Clips best defenders. It wasn't a coincidence that the Clips got the lead when CP3 went to the bench for foul trouble and they lost it when he came back, the run and gun game is just better against the Dubs I guess? Plus CP3 missed major plays (open Blake and missed FTs). Also curious why dude st down in that last play all of a sudden, confused everyone and pretty much gave that chance away.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I thought a big part of that late surge was the Wes johnson and josh smith threes

Their defensive scheme has DJ sitting back on ball handlers. Looked like they didn't adjust that for Steph

I was more surprised DJ and Blake didn't really abuse the Iguodala Klay match ups much less the Green Barnes matchup. Kinda got sucked into warriors pace

I heard that Doc said CP3 had a groin strain this game

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Lol I still remember that playoff game that the clippers all but won. Then josh smith and Brewer led that improbably charge for the rockets and resulting collapse for the clippers in game 6 and then 7. I agree with rfx, cp3 needs to get rid of the ball sooner or dribble penetrate faster

6. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

doris is fine, she certainly isnt worse than any other studio person. besides who sits around watching nba studio pregame shit anyway

1 person likes this.
  7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Indeed. The games are long enough. In fact, I can't sit thru a game without DVR-ing at least half of it and then sitting down to watch when I can skip thru the endless stoppages and commercials.

In general, all sporting events have gotten too long. Soccer being the exception.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I am surprised about Rivers. He was worse than worthless (negative worth?) during his entire career up to last playoffs, and now he's a decent 6-7th man who has his moments.

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Jeremy Lin taught us that these things don't last.

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

A trade before the deadline would be good for everyone.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

brian windhorst is a pompous douchebag only instead of douching fluid it's mostly filled with hot air

12. Brothersport

dunno about rose but i've slowly come around on windhorst. i generally dislike his reporting now and don't really trust him; i think he sensationalizes a lot of things.

edit:
    bahahahhaha

yall crazy about the clippers bench. pierce is a legit addition sure, but crawford still unreliable/below average against a very good team esp in a playoff situation, rivers is still not a good basketball player (i say this as a dukie who will never forget his shot in the dean dome), josh smith is unreliable and whimsical. wes johnson is a decent-good backup but i don't think he's an improvement on matt barnes. cole aldrich is just a guy.

it definitely is an improvement on last year's group tho. but they're still gonna be a net negative against good teams, as they were against the warriors. and now they have no backup center. their tallest legit bench player is josh smith, who's 6'8.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I have a feeling you didn't see last nights game with those comments.

Ye,s JSmoove is only 6'8" but the Dubs were playing Green as a center so it worked. Keep in mind that I did say they need a legit back up for Deandre but in most cases, teams are playing small and Griffin is strong enough to play center if need be. Jordan is still going to take up the bulk of minutes in the position anyways.

Wes and JSmoove also got the Clips the 9-point lead with both their defense and scoring behind the arc. Not to mention that Rivers was more effective on the line-up than CP3 last night, this isn't going to be always the case but when the team needs to run more, he seems to fit better.

Speaking of Wes Johnson, no he isn't an improvement on Barnes but he isn't replacing Barnes, more like Hedo.

And JCrossover below average? Come on now, dude is the only saving grace for the Clips behind the starters and since he was the only option they just defended the hell out of him, there's more option now and dude could still score.

Their bench is actually doing very well so far, they can actually score now. :lol:

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

nigga please youve been there sitting alone, alongside your inflated sense of nba knowledge you lowe post wannabe, nba whore you

15. Brothersport

im sure some of the things you said are spot on but the bench was terrible in the 1st half and a significant net negative overall.

[​IMG]

and i was thinking bench overall in the playoffs, not just against the warriors, who have a very unique roster.

like i said, the bench is a lot better than last year but that doesn't mean it's really good. and crawford is a fun regular season player but he's older now and he's consistently been worse in the playoffs than in the reg season. prob cuz teams pay more attention to him and can lock him down more. and he's obv giving you zilch on the defensive side

i sit at home and beat off to nba gameplay not the studio shit fam

tbqh i havent watched doris burke in studio but i've seen her do color a few times and thought it was perfectly fine.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yah those stats were misleading because at one point the Clips were down by 17 and the bench erased it and got them a 9 point lead.

The changed shots, the hustle and energy and the tempo of the game aren't accounted for. And as you can see, Wes and JSmoove only had 10-12 minutes of game time each. CP3 was also -2 but did that really take into account the foul trouble he had so he played less minutes? Kind of a serious question because I don't think they do but I could be wrong.

Also the thing to consider it that the bench just has to be better than last year, not great. IIRC the Clips starters were the #1 or #2 offensive team last year, which overall has carried the whole team as the #1 offensive team in last year. I could be a bit off though, it's been a long summer. So being the best starting 5 offensively, improving on the bench even the slightest is still a HUGE improvement. They definitely looked great last night against the best team in the league right now who was blowing everyone away.

In the end though I don't think anyone thinks they are the best, they definitely look deep because of the names but I still think they are one piece away from making it out of the west.

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I'd agree the Clips have a good bench. The main West contenders seem pretty stacked - OKC, GSW and of course San Antonio. Of all those teams though, OKC stands out as the one team that is still screwed if one of their top 2 players goes down, regardless of bench quality

18. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Waiting for JSmoove/Blake/CP3/DeAndre/Stevenson combo to implode

19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

CP3 seems like he might be one of the worst teammates ever, but I have never read anything about his teammates calling him out or refusing to get on the same page as him. He's like the president Snow of the NBA

1 person likes this.
  20. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

It's the curse of smart people, you're constantly noticing how stupid most people are and it grates on you as you age. Paul is a dick, at least part of it comes down to this. To me he's unwatchable as a player because of his antics.