1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

kobe has 51 fga and 56 passes on the season he's attempted 29 3s in 3 games and has hit 6 of them lololol gawd these lakers rockets were up 20 at halftime against the heat and lost by 20 :puzzled::puzzled::puzzled::puzzled::puzzled::puzzled::puzzled: what....is....this... https://streamable.com/c7dv

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The possession or the Hawks uniforms?

3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

kobe thinks its still 2005

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Wait, what happened to grantland?? They just shut it down with no warning?!

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Yeah, it's a whole mini-controversy. Simmons has posted all of his own Grantland articles online but doesn't have the rights to articles by other writers.

6. Brothersport

espn cancelled it so we have no access to any of their brilliant writers' articles or podcasts during the nfl or nba season, no biggie.

7. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

It was shutdown on Thursday or Friday of last week. You can still access old content but the site will no longer produce any new content. This really sucks since Grantland had great content.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Simmons is a flaming douche as well as a good writer, so I'm conflicted about his leaving - there's a pro and a con.

But there's nothing good about them shutting down the other brilliant writers on that site. Disappointing.

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Lots of the writers found out about layoffs on Twitter.

Pretty sad

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

It was a big loss leader and their parent company cut ESPN's budget by $100 million so it had to go

11. Brothersport

i mean...it depends. on whose word you trust on how much it was losing, or whether or not it actually was. and on how you well you think they advertised it. and on what espn wants to do from here on forth. seems they've firmly planted themselves in the blatherblatherblather game and removed just about any substance. we'll see what the undefeated does if it ever comes around.

all of you guys who complain about overpaid athletes: jeremy lamb just got a contract extension for 3 more years for $21M. Another reminder that that's more than isaiah thomas is making.

1 person likes this.
  12. diadem

diadem Senior member

Never mind, it's the Hornets.

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I read Simmons saying that Grantland was about break even.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

In fairness, I'm kind of the only one that complains about overpaying. Lamb has done little to warrant even a 10 day contract.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I mean you didn't think Kawhi deserved max when it was pretty obvious....

But Jeremy lamb? Why....

Also I keep instinctively looking up grantland. I didn't think ESPN would lie about it and I thought everybody was saying grantland loses money for a long time before it got shut down. But yeah. Maybe biased sources

16. Brothersport

it certainly wasn't profitable, that's for sure. but i'm sure both sides were "at fault" for it: simmons wanted more and more and more resources, exposure, and placement, while espn didn't give them the exposure they wanted and played the rest of the grantland staff for fools. meanwhile they keep skip bayless (? million) and stephen a smith (3.5M/yr) and chris berman (3M/yr) employed.

17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

What the fuck? Stephen a and skip bayless get paid that much to say retarded shit and get all uptight and indignant about dumb slights?

God save us

1 person likes this.
  18. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Just got back from the Wolves-Blazers game. Was fucking livid during that last minute. I usually give the refs the benefit of the doubt but that was straight buuuuuullshit. I'm hoarse from booing them.

2 people like this.
  19. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

PS-Damian Lillard is really good. When a player on the opposing team pisses you off while making you wish he'd just quit, you got something special.

1 person likes this.