• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you guys think Melo's portfolios will be kinda stagnant and hold securities for too long? :laugh:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Coach K Explains Why The Cavaliers Should Trade Andrew Wiggins For Kevin Love

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/coach-k-explains-why-cavaliers-125957605.html

Coack K says that because he doesn't have to coach the Cavs and have his balls to the fire if they mortgage away their future and don't win anything with Love. Once they trade for Love (and give him a max contract), they are stuck with that team for 5 years. Actually, I think Lebron can leave and then the Cavs become Minnesota East. If its true that Minn. wants Wiggins/Bennet/Next year's number 1 and Waiters, I'd tell them to go phuck themselves.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lest we forget, Love's never even made the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, guy is talented but who was the last "star" player to go from never making it out of the reg season to winning a chip the following year?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Lest we forget, Love's never even made the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, guy is talented but who was the last "star" player to go from never making it out of the reg season to winning a chip the following year?

This is from Grantland and its pretty much where I come down on Love and Lebron:

"These are the obvious details everyone will mention when considering this hypothetical. But I would still stick with Wiggins, and my reasons are threefold:

1. I am not totally convinced Love is much more than an incredibly skilled fantasy player. He certainly might be, but how could we possibly know (based on experience)? Such a move would still be a gamble. He doesn’t protect the rim. He seems inordinately interested in numbers. And those aforementioned full-court outlet passes evaporate in June.

2. Up until the Big 12 tournament, Uncle Wiggily was pretty underwhelming at Kansas. He had a few games in which his shooting was tragic, especially off the dribble. But he has the body, and that’s what matters. His body is better than Love’s. He defends the whole floor. He’s an underrated glass chewer. And if we all concede that Wiggins has the potential to be a transcendent player, placing him alongside a bike-riding maniac like LeBron is the best-case scenario. If you throw 20-year-old W with LBJ, you will get the totality of whatever he has to offer (and then you re-sign him for life). LeBron will not let him bust.

3. The Cavs signed LeBron. He’s the best player in the world. Let him prove it. Enough of this pandering. No more roster additions. No more gaming the system to make things easier. This is the team. Play with this team. That letter James “wrote” to SI? Idiotic. It was totally idiotic. I’m not interested in constructed apologies or histrionic aphorisms. Just go do this."

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree with point #3.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pau Gasol comes pretty close. Got swept in the first round twice his whole career and then in his first full season with the Lake Show they win it all.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sorry what? You shouldn't trade for the best team you can get because you have the best player in the world and you shouldn't make it too easy for him? Maybe you weren't watching nba in 2010 because that's pretty much why he left (because he couldn't win it all by himself). They even had mo Williams who was an all star the year before

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LBJ not content playing with infinite ammo. He needs infinite lives too

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ wouldn't make playoffs on some of these teams.
Also you forget that Wolves would make the playoff few times if they were in eastern conference
Although I like Pekovic, him and Love are not the best combination(defensively). Love doesn't have to play DPOY
defense, it would be enough if he plays decent. Just pair him with a rim protector and you have a
really good frontline. Even someone like Robin Lopez. If Cavs can get Love and a defensive center,
they have all the building blocks of a contender good team. Just pair Love with 2 defensive minded bigs.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jesus seems to at least be equal to or better than Love on defense. Not to mention, he shouldered a 12 man roster to the promised land, retired, then came back better than ever

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jesus seems to at least be equal to or better than Love on defense. Not to mention, he shouldered a 12 man roster to the promised land, retired, then came back better than ever

this was very good. i hope jamie appreciates what he/she has.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, what is this garbage about the Bulls looking to trade Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson for Kevin Love? Thibs is going to pop a blood vessel over losing all that defense...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads