1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

They're probably going to use the stretch provision to take the $10.5 mil to Wallace over the next 3 years which they couldn't do with D Lee's contract. IDFNL - if you can't appreciate this move, you are the worst GM in the world as it will save them around $41 million in luxury tax!

Plus, I'll say it, Boston seems like the kind of town that appreciates anglo basketball players so D Lee is a great fit for them.

EDIT: Some are reporting the W's won't stretch Wallace in which case they will *only* save $23 million next year in salary and luxury tax.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Of course I understand the stretch provision, but I don't really view that as fair value. David Lee is a very good player, they should have gotten a lot more for him.

Sacramento, on the other hand, clearly does not understand the stretch provision.

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^Is D Lee worth more than $40 million in savings?

but will D Lee leaving be like when Granger left and Pacers imploded?

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Unlikely. He doesn't seem to have the same presence in the locker room. Boston got a very good player for very little.

5. diadem

diadem Senior member

Ay @Steve B. , I think it's time to change the thread title to 2015-2016, yeah?

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[​IMG]

;) :laugh:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

8. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

apparently, twitter is blowing up with this, with lots of different clip players posting travel emojis. blake griffin, cp3, jjj reddick, etc., of how they're going to get to Houston for the meeting. as a clipper fan, i hope it works. but it would be something ... landing cp3 with a controversy, then keeping dj with another one.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

it's not illegal for DJ to go back on his word?

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

In a way, I hope it works. It cements them *the* douchebag team, perhaps the biggest ever. Cements Deandre as a little pussy deal welcher that needs his adoration and hi-5s. Cements C Paul as a Kobe level asshole that guys don't want to play with. And Doc Rivers looks even worse as a GM that can't take a lump and move on. This is quality drama. No matter what happens, Clippers come out badly from it.

1 person likes this.
  11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

No. But I don't recall another player ever doing it. Pretty unheard of.

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

This was on grantland, just look at those 3.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

1 person likes this.
  14. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

So glad the Lakers didn't get him. What a chump.

15. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Boozer did this, and his agent quit/fired him. This was a while ago, but IIRC, Boozer was on his rookie deal and the Cavs had the team option. They wanted to keep Boozer, and he was playing well, so the Cavs wanted to reward him/lock him in for longer. They agreed to a multi-year deal, Cavs declined the option and offered the bigger contract, then Boozer bolted to Utah.

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

"AND ONE! "

1 person likes this.
  17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Lol...DJ must be some kind of idiot if he rejoined the Clips. Mainly because he'd be a POS for reneging on his word (that's BS no matter what the circumstance and it totally screws the Mavs because all backup options are gone now). But also because these people only seemed to give a shit about him after he committed to Dallas

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I think they gave a shit about him before he committed, but Doc dug himself a hole by spelling out what his role would be a year ago. Jordan didn't want that, even though he was effective within it. Going back in history he was labelled a head case in college, dropped to the 2nd round as a pick, and is noted as being a 'slow learner', aka dumb. Paul, for all his bullshit, is a pretty smart guy, so he probably lost patience with Jordan's inability to catch on.

Rivers actually positioned Jordan to succeed, and probably assumed that he'd want to stay within that role long term. But I think he didn't count on the negative effects Chris Paul has on a team.

He's already kind of a POS for revisiting the decision now that he's made it. Surprised at Dan Fegan too, maybe he can't handle the head case, but this stuff is really critical for an agent's credibility and it really damages his relationship with Mark Cuban regardless of how it ends.