1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

no lead is safe when you're playing the celtics.... let me clarify that... even when the C's are up double digits... you can always come back!

2. matik23

matik23 Senior member

Denver Nuggets are going to be a problem in the playoffs.

3. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

Denver Nuggets are going to be a problem in the playoffs.

I don't think so. The playoffs are a time when superstars and closers are so important, and they traded that away.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

2011 SF Fantasy Basketball League is over and congrats to Mikey34 for winning the whole thing, pulled off the studs from the waivers and almost all played perfect this final week, I stood no chance.

Champ: Mikey34
    2nd: RFX45
    3rd: SooWoop
    4th BadNewzKennelz
    5th $20Donator
    6th: Dracers
    7th: FobbDeep
    8th: Fly
    9th: inbeforepoal
    10th: JoeKidd
    11th: thatsmana
    12th: SourGrapes

Not sure how the prizes are distributed since I ma not sure how much there is in the pot but congrats to those who won some. Well, hope most of you guys had fun, I had a blast and hope you guys join again next year.

Now let's get the playoffs started, let's go LAKERS!!!!

5. sexandcandy

Won my main money league tonight so I'm happy taking 3rd place. Congrats to Mikey for winning it all *cough* kyle lowry *cough*

Looking forward to next year

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Won my main money league tonight so I'm happy taking 3rd place. Congrats to Mikey for winning it all *cough* kyle lowry *cough*

And Marcus Thornton and stupid Diaw playing out of his mind Thaddeus Young who was playing badly for the past 3-4 weeks then breaks out in the end averaging 20+ pts.

7. mikey34

mikey34 Senior member

Haha, thanks guys. Lowry and co really came through for me and got hot at the right time. As for the pot, we had $200 total. The way we were going to distribute the money was:

1st place regular season- $20

1st place playoffs-$110 (conveniently, I get to keep this [​IMG] )
    2nd place playoffs- $50 (rfx gets this plus he was the regular season winner so +$20 more)
    3rd place playoffs- $20 (sexandcandy aka soowoop)

send me your paypal info guys and i'll ship the money tonight.

sexandcandy- Congrats on winning your main money league man.

rfx- thanks for setting this thing up, I had a blast playing with you all (and taking your money! [​IMG] [​IMG]) looking forward to playing next year and hopefully some more people will want to join.

8. sexandcandy

tried to PM but ur box is full

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

rfx- thanks for setting this thing up, I had a blast playing with you all (and taking your money! [​IMG] [​IMG]) looking forward to playing next year and hopefully some more people will want to join.

It was no problem, it was lots of fun, just glad to get it done this year since nothing panned out last year when I tried it. I do hope more people join next year but with a few tweaks since some people felt it was too deep, I thought it was fine but I guess it did use a lot of players in a line-up.

10. matik23

matik23 Senior member

I don't think so. The playoffs are a time when superstars and closers are so important, and they traded that away.
    Are we watching the same NBA season? Their past "superstar" is on a struggling team with no chemistry while the new nuggets have great chemistry and their bench players are fucking stacked. Not to mention any of their bench players can be starters on any team in the NBA. Don't be surprised if they upset at least one of the top 3 in the western conference. Thunder vs Nuggets in the 1st round will be THE games to watch.

11. sexandcandy

LOL, ok man.

Along with RFX i'm pretty sure I've watched as much if not more games this season than anyone. If you've even read this thread you'll know how i feel about the new nuggets, and how they robbed the knicks and got tons of talent in return. I know what they have, but what they have does not translate well into the playoffs. It's a team sport, and depth matters, but in the playoffs you need a go-to guy, a superstar, someone who shines when the pressure is on, and Carmelo Anthony was the epitome of that. He's up there with guys like Kobe, Paul Pierce, etc. when it comes to being big in the moment and closing out games. If you can't understand that, then i should be asking YOU if you're watching the same league as me.

12. jet

jet Senior member

Great another popup fan going into the playoffs that hasn't posted all season LOL.

13. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Anyone think he lives in...Denver?

14. 13k

13k Senior member

Are we watching the same NBA season? Their past "superstar" is on a struggling team with no chemistry while the new nuggets have great chemistry and their bench players are fucking stacked. Not to mention any of their bench players can be starters on any team in the NBA.

Don't be surprised if they upset at least one of the top 3 in the western conference. Thunder vs Nuggets in the 1st round will be THE games to watch.

LOL, ok man.

Along with RFX i'm pretty sure I've watched as much if not more games this season than anyone. If you've even read this thread you'll know how i feel about the new nuggets, and how they robbed the knicks and got tons of talent in return. I know what they have, but what they have does not translate well into the playoffs. It's a team sport, and depth matters, but in the playoffs you need a go-to guy, a superstar, someone who shines when the pressure is on, and Carmelo Anthony was the epitome of that. He's up there with guys like Kobe, Paul Pierce, etc. when it comes to being big in the moment and closing out games. If you can't understand that, then i should be asking YOU if you're watching the same league as me.

Well said s&c. The bench matters, but come playoff time the starters of playoff teams generally see a significant hike in minutes played, and rotations tighten. I don't think the Nuggets "depth" will translate into turning into much of an issue for teams like OKC or SA. The Nuggs have a decent regular season team but seriously, who are you gonna dump the ball come crunch time? Gallinari? [​IMG]

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

but seriously, who are you gonna dump the ball come crunch time?
    JR Smith of course, whose better to take a stupid half court shot than someone who is actually retarded? It won't even have to be crunch time, he'll do it any day, anytime! [​IMG]

16. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

^^lol.

To bad we won't be seeing Bulls vs Celtics in the 1st round again, what season did Noah do a full court dunk on pierce and the 3-4 overtime games?

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Hey, I'll admit that I've been dead wrong about Denver so far. I believe after the trade I used the words "suck" and "ass" [​IMG] We'll see about the playoffs. They aren't beating the Lakers or the Spurs in my mind, but maybe another less playoff experienced, more easily panicked club

18. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

so shaq is out with the same strained achilles again? i sure hope this is just a minor setback. so he'll be back in time for at least 2nd round playoffs and at least 50% strength.

or else, boston will be sending out the same old excuses and downplaying our championship again "we didnt have shaq at full strength and jermaine was old and we traded away perkins. other than that, the lakers would not have stolen our championship 2011"
    or some lame shit like that.

i remember doc saying something to the tune of" last year we were hurt all year.. and the lakers are celebrating like we werent"

wtf? wasnt it his organization and he who said that they dont look at excuses? well, of course we'll be celebrating. we just won the fucking championship. who's celebrating the fact that you were not hurt? what the hell? lol.

19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Sho, I love how you've already assumed the Lakers are going to win [​IMG]

20. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^now thats a "being mad/annoyed for no reason" post.

seriously, injuries are part of the game. its a team game so unless if its your main scorer like kobe tearing both his ACLs then its just an excuse.

that said perkins was injured for game 6 and 7 last year and that sucked... just like having KG blow out his poplitheal tendon (so rare and weird there's no actual treatment modality for it) in 2008-09.

those were some horrific injuries to have (perkins torn ACL) and KG's weird poplethial tendon blow out.

the lakers finally have had bynum and he's looking like a monster going into the playoffs finally.

word from the medical grapevine is that shaq has deep abscesses in his left quad (pockets of fluid and pus within the muscle) that need to be drained daily, a partially torn achilles, and now a strained (slightly torn) calf. He's on borrowed time now and most likely will retire after the playoffs.