1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. diadem

diadem Senior member

Monta Ellis is opting out of his deal. The Pacers and Heat are rumored destinations.

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Surprised about the trade to charlotte for Batum. Unless Portland knows about a health issue we don't, they didn't get much in return.

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

If LaMarcus feels under appreciated playing with/under Damilan Lillard... then playing with the Lakers under Kobe should be a breath of fresh air.

OMG spurs... lol basically just adding LA for nothing would put them into the typical "we like to win a chip every other year" driver's seat.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I would never bet against the Spurs but they really need a 70%-80% healthy Tony Parker in April to go far, if past playoff exits have shown us anything.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Poor Luke and the day isn't even over yet.

1 person likes this.
  6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

whats going on in portland? hornets did well getting batum finally shoring up the wing spot with decent length and play making ability

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

And consistent 3-point shooter to stretch the floor for Jefferson. That feels like a steal for Charlotte.

Portland better hope Matthews signs because I am reading that Aldridge is about 99.9% sure to be leaving.

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Apparently LA already told Blazers he's leaving

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

^ Where'd you hear that?

Chad ford says Frank Kaminsky might go as high as #4 to the Knicks. That would be a bad move. Cauley Stein seems to be losing his mojo too, I really like him, guess concerns over his ankle are weighing.

Reading LA might go for Russell at #2. I haven't seen more than highlights, but this guy doesn't impress, especially with Okafur on the table.

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

how does so much information leak out of nba organizations? for example, in this kings scenario 2-3 new stories come out everyday that either discredit or undermines ownership/front office. how is this info going out. i imagine a small, select group of individuals are privy to this info, yet its all over the news

its amazing how all this information gets out that undermines everyone involved

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Small select groups are often larger than people imagine. And despite working in a field where confidentiality is valued pretty highly, I've never known an organization of any size that didn't leak information like a sieve.

One of many reasons: an astonishing number of otherwise smart, responsible people think the phrase, "I won't tell anyone" and the phrase, "I won't tell anyone I'm not related to, having sex with, or trying to get into bed" mean the exact same thing.

1 person likes this.
  13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

It's entertaining isn't it?

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Indeed. Within finance there are hordes of cultivated sources providing information to the investment community all within the technical legalities. I've been on a few ultra quiet projects before, and was amazed at how many people within the organization knew. Another classic example is the guy that gets fired being the last one to know. Seems humans are programmed to gossip, the social status gained by being perceived as an insider just seems too enticing. Kind of like the allure of providing fact checks, spelling corrections and grammatical fixes on internet forums.

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Knicks take Porzingus

16. diadem

diadem Senior member

Bahahahaha Knicks

17. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

18. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

porzingis is a solid pick

1 person likes this.
  19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Ahahaha the reaction of the Knicks fans was priceless. There was a kid crying in the stands!!

1 person likes this.
  20. diadem

diadem Senior member

Yeah, I'm laughing at the reaction from the fans at Barclays, not at the pick.