1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

The triangle works, dude. 11 CHAMPIONSHIPS

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I don't want to follow the D Wade saga. Please just let it be over one way or the other

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

This Cousins talk is just the latest in how, year after year, the Lakers media machine proves itself to be the most delusional in pro sports. What trade for DC could the Lakers put together that wouldn't have Vlade Divac say "not just hell no, but never fucking call me again"

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Lakers media or Knicks media. Not sure who is more delusional. Perhaps dopey or Lawrence can chime in

For the record: Being a Chicago Bulls fan,,, their media machine is :facepalm: worthy as well.... Boston media is the most level-headed.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ Oh FFS give me a break. He worked himself into a contract by flailing around all over the place like a chicken with it's head cut off. At least Jeremy Lin actually scored a few points.

6. diadem

diadem Senior member

Ok, this is a super long shot, probably even borderline delusional, but Boogie's days in Sac-Town look to be numbered -- George Karl is pushing for the Kings to trade Cousins because he doesn't think he can manage him...they apparently haven't spoken to each other since April. It also doesn't seem like any team will be able to give the Kings fair value for a franchise cornerstone. Probably the best they can do is a package of the #2 pick and Julius Randle from the Lakers. If this happens, the Kings will most likely flip their #6 pick, ideally for Ty Lawson if they can swing that trade and reunite Lawson with Karl. With the #2 pick, they can draft Jahlil Okafor (assuming Towns goes #1), who's a much more mobile center than Boogie ever was, and now you have the foundation for Karl to run his trademark uptempo run-and-gun system that he ran in Denver. Crazy? Probably insane, but if the relationship between Boogie and the Kings has deteriorated this much, what else can they try to do at this point?

There's also talk of Rondo signing a 1-year deal with Sacramento, but I think everyone would prefer if they got Ty Lawson...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Poor Kings fans. They deserve better.

3 people like this.
  8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

No, they don't. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

hahaha cmon ya'll already won that battle.

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

PHIL JACKSON: 'I DID A GREAT JOB'

The Knicks team president evaluated his performance: "I did a great job last year, shedding [contracts] to put us in a position where we have this flexibility.” The Knicks finished with a franchise-low 17 wins.

:rotflmao:

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

:(

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i actually agree with the zen master. this is the first offseason that i can remember that the knicks werent bogged down with a roster full of albatross contracts. no e.curry, no amare, no marbury, no jerome james, steve francis. atleast they sucked without being over the cap; an accomplishment for the knicks

13. diadem

diadem Senior member

So now the Kings are shopping Rudy Gay around to clear cap room for Rondo...

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

what the fuck is going on with the kings. this is horrible. i was hoping they would draft elfrid payton last year. so poorly managed this team is

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

LOLOLOLOL all those albatross contracts were to expire either way... sure he got rid of JR Smith but had to throw in Shumpert to do it... its like he's taking credit for watching paint dry

1 person likes this.
  16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Just swinging at an irresistable softball.
    I wasn't a fan of the Maloufs but have had no beef with the franchise since then, and crappy owners can't be blamed on fans anyway.
    My little brother lives in Davis and is a Kings fan, and contrary to what most of you might expect he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I wouldn't want to be a Kings fan, but it's not like this is a great time to be a Lakers fan, either.

17. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I have trouble imagining Vlade Divac as a team GM. Mainly because I remember him as a player and it was virtually impossible to take him seriously

19. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

He was a wily 'ol fox as a player. I think he can do the GM thing. Depends. Looks like it's either him or Karl that has to go. Get rid of Karl, bring in a guy like Kevin Olle. Karl destroys relationships with players.