1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

I've never seen someone make alley-oop passes look so difficult.

2. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

James is great but he has the soft shooting touch of the Hulk.

3. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

What a season by the Warriors. So proud of this team doing it their way. Lebron is the best player but Iggy is the MVP of the series. Can I reverse jinx the a Warriors somehow?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    2 people like this.
  4. double00

double00 Senior member

quick! somebody post a link to a fivethirtyeight article!

lol. unsubscribed.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm so happy right now. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Game. Set. Match. Or maybe I got that backwards.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

He's not. Lebron is by miles.

Warriors are about to wrap it up, I turned it off. JR Smith is party boy useless. James Jones has to be the worst defender in the NBA right now, OMG what a liability. I thought Blatt made the right adjustments but they lost it in the 3rd Q, they were never going to win if the Warriors hit shots, which they did. So many easy shots that they didn't get in the 1st 3 games. Give the coaching staff for GSW credit for sticking with the small lineup, they destroyed the weaker defenders for the Cavs. Some nice slick offense too.

Surprisingly, I fully expected to cheer GSW on this series, but it hasn't turned out that way. I am happy for them, it's nice to see a new team win it, but it seems like the Cavs would have won this if Irving and Love were healthy, I just can't get it out of my mind.

8. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

I wonder how these players feel:

LeBron: He has been carrying a team of mostly below average players on his back for 6 games. I don't know if you've ever played pickup basketball games with terrible players, but he's done that for 5 straight games. In the NBA Finals. With every single critic on his back. For losing in the Finals. Oddly enough, by winning 2 games improbably, it put even more pressure on him to win despite no one really commenting how unbelievable it was that the Cavs even pulled off 2 wins.

Blatt: Even with 2 improbable wins, everyone still thinks you suck (right or wrong, but no one's giving you any credit for winning 2 games when you were unanimously going to get swept after losing Irving). Really, I don't know how the team could've gotten a 3rd win, especially once Kerr adjusted. You gave the best team in the league its toughest series with 6 nail-biting games, all decided in the 4th quarter or OT. Without your 2nd and 3rd best players (who made up nearly 50% of your offensive production). When no one thought you'd win a single game. And everyone still thinks you suck. Because you lost a few games. Even though you should've been blown out by half time each time.

Bogut: Your team started to win games by not playing you a single minute. Yeah you won a ring, but it's because you weren't on the court. Just think about that.

JR Smith: You were (horribly) horrible the whole series, and you have no excuse. You probably should've been benched for rookie Joe Harris.

1 person likes this.
  9. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Holy shit. Jr Smith finally hits a ridiculous 3. Cavs only down by 4.

10. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

Pretty sure Lebron broke the record (previously Kobe's?) for most missed field goals in an NBA finals. Iggy outplayed him today and deserves the MVP. I wouldn't be surprised if Steph gets it because who knows how the voters pick.

1 person likes this.
  11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

And then LBJ misses a three. Too bad for Cleveland that he's only a mediocre player.

2 people like this.
  12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Grats to the Dubs!

5 people like this.
  13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I was never actively championing the Warriors throughout the season (was annoying how every podcaster, blogger, etc. was riding their jock) but gotta give em props. Great win.

Congrats to all the GSW fans skitlets Norcal unfuckable. I expect pics from the parade in a week or so

5 people like this.
  14. Neo_Version 7

And Kid Nickels:

2-4! 2-4! 2-4! 2-4! :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

3 people like this.
  15. Salad

Salad Senior member

Lived in the Bay Area my entire life. Many seasons of outright sucking but still loved my team. God, what a relief this is over. It's about to get real in Oakland tonight!

3 people like this.
  16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

best team won. didn't think they would give MVP to Iggy, but they did.

now comes the stupidest part of any sports championship (or any significant sporting event for that matter). the interviews and the talking heads.

2 people like this.
  17. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I can't even imagine how nutty it's gonna get… might be borderline dangerous! :happy:

1 person likes this.
  18. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

to my surprise i liked this cavs team more than any other team besides hawks and warriors. was a great series

19. Neo_Version 7

Damn,,, David Blatt looks like he wants to commit seppuku on that podium right now. I don't know if it's his droopy eyes or the cracks in his voice but this is the first time I've legit felt bad for him this season.

20. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

still think it's dumb to give finals mvp to somebody not lebron but watching the end i realized how shitty it would feel and look for lebron to get finals mvp as the warriors won. would be like kicking him in his surprisingly relatively small penis