1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i don't see character or theo getting 1 minute in the playoffs unless somehow the magic make the finals again. when bynum rests, pau stays on the floor at center. phil always plays a 3 man rotation with them and only played theo/character early in the season because bynum wasn't back yet.

you dont see a problem with this in the playoffs?

2. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

over the past six games: 5.7 field goal attempts for Barnes, 3.5 for Blake and 6.8 for Brown.

9.2 > 6.8

3. sexandcandy

you dont see a problem with this in the playoffs?

nope. rotations get tighter in the playoffs, not the other way around.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Irony, man. As in: NOBODY is Kobe, and neither you nor I are a Lakers coach, and I have not heard Phil bitch about Shannon and his understanding of his role or his effectiveness as much as you have. [​IMG] I think he's fine, and I simply posted a nice little dunk he made, that's all. You think he's terrible, cool with me. But I don't agree, and I trust the opinion of his coaches and teammates more. As for all the other faults you list, he is what he is. He'll never be an All-Star, etc. He's played better than he's playing now, and I think he'll play that well again. I do think he's better than a lot of reserve SGs in the NBA. Not at the top, but better than quite a few. Yes, let's talk about our bench bigs instead, because this shit is getting boring. I agree with sexandcandy, but I also see sho'nuff's point. It would be nice if one of those 3 guys showed a little life.
    Just stop defending the Lakers so much man, I am as much of a Laker fan as the next guy but you seem to see no fault in the team. They are far from perfect man and when someone says something you call them hate. Yeah a simple dunk has evolved into a discussion into his potential, it's been done before when the Lakers re-signed him before Odom, people talked about better alternative and his potentials, it's not hate. You can't defend Brown for the shitty things he is doing just because "he is what he is". Obviously Jackson isn't going to attack Brown individually on the press but he has criticized his bench and that they need to be more efficient, more aggressive. He is part of the whole and the discussion is on Brown right now, I can analyze each one of the players in the bench on how I see them play but we're on Brown right now, simple as that. And there goes the "we're not coaches, analyst or ESPN correspondents" so our opinions aren't valid crap. Come on man, watch him play and pay attention, you'll see the things he is doing wrong. Can we give this a rest already? But seriously dude, what you said about Brown going in trying to be "Kobe" cuz he's an SG made no sense, and no that isn't irony. An old man, turning 98, winning the lottery and dying the next day, now that is irony.

5. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    over the past six games: 5.7 field goal attempts for Barnes, 3.5 for Blake and 6.8 for Brown.

9.2 > 6.8

over season: 255 for barnes, 284 for blake, 578 for brown: 539 < 578

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Anyone see NBA TVs comparison of Final shot takers yesterday?
    It showed Wade, Lebrons, Kobe's, Carter & Nowitszkis record from 2006 and Kobe was better than Wade and Lebron in almost all category and percentage. Carter was second and Nowitzki was first in efficiency and percentage. I'm trying to look for the video but can't find it right now.

7. venessian

venessian Senior member

Can we give this a rest already?
    Yes, sure, please do as well. That way the gross exaggerations will also stop, I hope.

over season: 255 for barnes, 284 for blake, 578 for brown: 539 < 578
    But Barnes was hurt for many games, so those numbers are skewed a bit by that fact. If Barnes had played the same number of games as Blake/Brown, he would theoretically have taken 393 shots to date.

Over the season, Barnes = 46%; Blake = 36%; Brown = 43%.

8. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    well if you want to get all hollinger on it, the best way would be shots per minute played:
    barnes .27; blake .02; brown .41.

9. venessian

venessian Senior member

well if you want to get all hollinger on it, the best way would be shots per minute played:
    barnes .27; blake .02; brown .41.

Hollinger??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Plus, aren't shooting guards supposed to shoot? I can't remember what the point of all these numbers is.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That way the gross exaggerations will also stop, I hope.

Nothing I said was gross exaggerations, I didn't say Brown chuck up 30 shots like Kobe, he simply tries to play like him for the most part. You just what you want to read and it exaggerates in your head. People simply stated that Brown should improve and you assumed it was hate by everyone. If we want to talk hate, lets talks about Walton, he is the only one I wish wasn't in the Lakers roster anymore. If i were Mitch, I'd trade this guy for a blacked out ToJ DR.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Damn, I knew Perkins was going to be missed by the Celtics but even when he was injured the Celtics didn't play this horribly. They might as well have shot themselves in the foot with the mental effect it is having on this team, lost another one to the Pacers.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

13. jet

jet Senior member

can u guys just stfu already

old news on the hangtime blog btw

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Can never have too much Kobe highlights and it's fun to see how much hops Kobe had.

15. sexandcandy

Damn, I knew Perkins was going to be missed by the Celtics but even when he was injured the Celtics didn't play this horribly. They might as well have shot themselves in the foot with the mental effect it is having on this team, lost another one to the Pacers.

Nah, they just have a thing for not giving a shit about the second half of the season. Last season they limped into the playoffs as a .500 team after the break, and made it all the way to game 7 of the finals. They miss Perk but they'll be fine.

16. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Spurs lose again. Looks like again like last year, except for new orleans, seeding doesn't really determine strength of west teams. Memphis and portland are powerhouses. While teams like denver are bulldogs.

17. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Spurs lose again. Looks like again like last year, except for new orleans, seeding doesn't really determine strength of west teams. Memphis and portland are powerhouses. While teams like denver are bulldogs.

Not looking good at all. But they hung within 7 of Portland with 4 starters in street clothes. Maybe they don't want to play Memphis.

18. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Not looking good at all. But they hung within 7 of Portland with 4 starters in street clothes. Maybe they don't want to play Memphis.

I guarantee 8th will be either new orleans or houston. Memphis will be 7th seed and if that's sanant's motive, they will shoot themselves in the foot. I know they're injured but all four guys out? Contusion? Isn't that just a bruise?

19. sexandcandy

if this were the playoffs, those 4 guys would be suited up. pop knows what he's doing.

20. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

This .gif made me laugh. Had no idea where else to put it...

[​IMG]