1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Just hope GS is healthy. Don't like Nor Cal's, but it would be good for the state, and I always rooted for western teams. Unless the Clippers are playing... :)

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

ESPN's love for LeBron is mind boggling. Article I read last night acted as if GSW has no chance … seems to me Warriors are the far deeper, better balanced team. Hoping they smoke the Cavs like a crispy, Cali spliff.

3 people like this.
  3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ You should read the more delusional Cavs "fans" commenting on every one of those articles.

"Cavs in 5"

"GSW stand no chance against THE KING. Cavs are gonna sweep."

"LeBron gonna show who the real MVP is."

1 person likes this.
  4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

you still pay attention to espn?

5. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

The one thing that worries me about GS is they lack experience. At least Lebron has been there multiple times. Kerr can only talk so much about his experience with the Bulls.

6. Kid Nickels

"Pay attention" is not what I'd call it. :embar: But yeah, I couldn't help checking the article because of the title implying the Dubs had little chance. For the record it was late and I was checking French Open scores because watching tennis on the West coast is impossible.

@Neo_Version 7 "Cavs are gonna sweep." lol. Well it is Cleveland in May. It's the first time they've seen the sun in 6 months so maybe their brains are still defrosting.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  7. Neo_Version 7

Do not tell me you are a Serena fan. She is the LBJ of the sport....

8. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

In fairness to Cavs fans, GSW fans say the same ridiculous things minus real MVP stuff.

9. Kid Nickels

Dude you high?!? :lol: I loathe Serena… she's the worst.

1 person likes this.
  10. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

Went to the game last night. It's always fun to see your team clinch on their home floor, even in an ugly win. I was in a suite so I didn't get the full Oracle experience but I'm not complaining. It's not so clear to me that the Warriors have as big an advantage as the records would indicate or that Lebron's finals experience is that meaningful. The emergence of Mozgov and Tristan Thompson could give the W's fits, as can the fact that Klay just hasn't played well in the playoffs. At least both teams will have an opportunity to get close to full strength. I probably won't have an opportunity to attend any of the finals games, so it's safe to say that last night was the best game I will have seen in person for a long time.

1 person likes this.
  11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

this looks like the 2007 Finals all over again if Kyrie isn't 100%. Lebron pretty much by himself against a deep, complete, team with good coaching that makes the best use of their weaponry.

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

14. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Hopefully he doesn't run Anthony Davis into the ground and learns how to rest his players.

15. Neo_Version 7

[​IMG]

We must be talking about a different Thibs.

16. wojt

wojt Senior member

Watch some tape of Wilt dude... sure moves Wilt had back then were enough to beat competition he had. Shaq was much quicker and had much better footwork and skills having same or better strength. Only center that equals Shaq is Hakeem Olajuwon IMO.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  17. Neo_Version 7

^ He probably doesn't like Shaq because in his GM eyes, he was lazy and didn't work hard enough for all the money, endorsements, and women that were being thrown his way.

It's the same story with this guy. :facepalm:

1 person likes this.
  18. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    sorry. i'm old enough to have seen both of them play. wilt was clearly the more dominant player. not flawless, certainly, but an amazing athlete. shaq was a great player who could have been the best ever, but never fully lived up to it.

2 people like this.
  19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I've always wondered about this but you think opposition also had plenty to do with it? Not questioning his ability and skills, Wilt is great without a doubt but I can't help but be curious how he would do today. I am sure scoring a 100 for him would be impossible with todays athletes.

20. wojt

wojt Senior member

I think so, he would have to develop better skills in todays game. He just didn't have to back then.

In his prime he could be considered best ever, he was just unstoppable 2000-2002. He destroyed everyone in playoffs. WIth his size and mass I'm not sure extra work load would do him any good. There's isn't anything he could have done much better besides shooting, but that's Wilt story again. With some guys, you just can't make them good shooters.