1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

i dont think his korver play was dirty at all but he should have at least some fault for the horford play. kept falling towards horford and tweaked his knee. either way horford's retaliation shoulda been a flagrant 1.

lol lebron that game was hilarious. SHELVIN MACK HEROBALL

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Curious as I was zoning in and out of the game,,, is LBJ legit injured?? Reggie and Webber were going on about how he was playing injured (?)

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Injured and exhausted towards the end, tweaked his ankle and looked like he was cramping up too.

4. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Actually, in the replay it looks like Horford is actually pulling Dellevadova down

5. Brothersport

prob more cramping than anything, you know how lebron gets.

1 person likes this.
  6. Neo_Version 7

Ah, I see. Objectively speaking though, barring any serious injuries to GSW, I don't see how they don't hand LeBron his fourth finals loss.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    2 people like this.
  7. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Cue Gatorade trolling LeBron on his cramps

8. Brothersport

that's part of the reason as a lebron fan, i wanted him to lose b4 the finals, so that ppl wouldn't bring up the idiotic "record in the finals" stat. then again if he lost to the bulls or the hawks he'd never hear the end of it, so he can't really win.

regardless, i don't think most people think the cavs can even get to a game 6 against the warriors

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

These conference finals have been lame. There hasn't been 1 game worthy of the SAS - LAC series. They gotta change the way the playoffs are seeded.

10. Neo_Version 7

Out of curiosity, what would you think if he went 2-4 in Finals appearances?

I'm trying to think of someone else who has had something similar but that stat seems oddly specific to him.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  11. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Jerry West had it way worse. He lost 8 times in the Finals.

12. Brothersport

i don't think it's relevant at all, it's a totally trash stat. like why is it better if he loses in the eastern conference finals? bron obv isn't better than jordan but why is it better than jordan lost b4 the finals? it's clearly not.

bron obviously benefits from being in a horrible conference. he has reached the finals more than his team should have. but the byproduct of that is that he gets waxed there a lot. i don't think finals record is something that should ever be brought up. titles is another story.

like do you care that kobe has gotten swept out of the playoffs? i don't think that's a knock on his resume. you can say something for making the playoffs consistently like duncan though.

13. diadem

diadem Senior member

Yeah, this is an insane stat. Jerry West was awesome and he played alongside Elgin Baylor and then Wilt Chamberlain, but he's only got 1 ring to show for it all. Damn Celtics...

14. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

He just had a pretty nasty fall - if he's not ok, then I hope the Rockets win the title (and crush the Cavs in the process).

2 people like this.
  15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

This could be really bad for Curry and the Warriors. If this fall turns leads to a serious injury the whole dynamic of the Playoffs changes.

16. Neo_Version 7

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

18. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

It looked like Curry sustained a concussion. I wonder if he's out game 5?

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

goddamn it Neo

i thought you're out a week or two if you have a concussion

20. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

There goes Howard. This guy has no basketball IQ.