1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

If you thought the Bucks-Bulls series was chippy, I expect tonight's game to be on par with last nights GoT

2. Tenshi

Tenshi Member

Warriors in 5 vs Memphis. After watching the Memphis/Portland series I just could not get over how both of those teams looked bad against one another.

3. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    coming in late (again), but that game 7 was a classic. it had everything -- two incredibly evenly matched teams, great plays, chess match strategically -- but in the end the thing that impressed me the most was how damned classy the spurs were even losing a close, emotional game. Pop and Duncan are everything that is good about the NBA.

4. diadem

diadem Senior member

I love Grantland.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  5. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

This cavs Bulls game is wildly entertaining so far. Dirty ass dunleavy is mvp and I'm sitting here cackling at these ridiculous kyrie lay ups. They're astounding.

Cle started mike miller, which thoroughly did not work. James jones is also not hitting 3s, which means his only use on the floor is to goad Joachim Noah into isoing against him. Chicagos bigs looks pretty bad so far. Pau gasol is a mid range shooting sieve on D, Noah can't do much, taj is invisible, mirotic barely played. Rose looks shifty, butler is good, prob underused. Noah is guarding shumpert, which is fantastic. Shumpert took 10 shots in the first half (and can't hit a jumper). Bron looks pretty damn good on offense and on the boards, but he's spacey on D.

Cleveland started awfully while the Bulls hit all their 3s and went up 16. Kyrie went nuts and now Cleveland is down 5 at half.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

dray is only like 10 pounds heavier than jimmy and a whole lot fatter

7. Neo_Version 7

Now, I can breathe again.

1 person likes this.
  8. Neo_Version 7

- When Mike Miller made his 3 early in the first half, I feared him going 2012 Heat mode.
    - Pau is proving to be the X-factor for the Bulls right now. He went 5 for 5 at one point with his mid-range.
    - Thibs went with Kirk instead of Snell again. He wasn't his usual horrible self though surprisingly
    - And yes, agree with BroSport. Dunleavy low-key Bulls MVP haha

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  9. Brothersport

not really that impressed w/ chicago, esp if they're gonna keep playing noah. they hit a ton of jumpers, contested and not. cleveland's gonna play mike miller less for sure. dude was -20 in 16 minutes haha.

anyways rose was pretty good, but he had a lot of rest and he's played shitty w/ only 1 day rest in the playoffs. i still think cleveland is gonna win the series.

jimmy butler is phenomenal. lol he played 44 min and said he was exhausted at halftime. thibs makes no sense to me. butler plays giant minutes, hinrich plays 18, mirotic plays 2. snell plays 0.

10. Neo_Version 7

Yeah, IF (huge, huge IF) Chicago manage to win the series, they will be dead exhausted lol

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

thibs on that doc rivers time management even without the shitty bench

12. Brothersport

clippers-rockets is UHMAZING so far. through one q houston has 9 TOs, 4 by harden, and i swear just about all of them were live-ball. i think houston has missed 10 uncontested or lightly contested point-blank layups, and there have been multiple fast break --> turnover --> opposing fast break --> turnover sequences. also, austin rivers.

1 person likes this.
  13. Neo_Version 7

Austin stay playing for his father's approval.

14. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

16 turnovers at 9:32 of second quarter.

Sloppy basketball on both sides.

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Bulls were better than the Cavs. They had to win or it was hopeless. Lots of holes exposed on both teams. The Bulls rebounded extremely well, that was the most important difference I saw. Great to see Butler v James in the playoffs again.

The HOU - LAC game seems to rest on Ariza and Terrence Jones. If Jones can slow Blake down and Ariza can take advantage of no natural matchup, then Houston has a chance. Uff, it was vomit inducing wishing Houston will win. Also vomit inducing watching Olajuwon cheer them on. Not a series I can invest in.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Great win by the Clips and I am happy to see others step it up especially in the fourth. If I were Doc, i'd sit CP3 again if he isn't even close to 100% then again you also want to finish the series as fast as possible so I could see him going out there but it'll be risky.

1 person likes this.
  17. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

As we ponder Tim Duncan's future, here's a truly remarkable statistic: No Spurs team with Duncan has ever won fewer than fifty games in a season (excluding the 1998-99 lockout-shortened season when only fifty regular-season games were played), and until this year, had ever finished lower than second place in its division. Talk about consistency.

18. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

my favorite part of youtube highlight reels are all the traveling experts in the comments

1 person likes this.
  19. Tenshi

Tenshi Member

warriors by at least 10 tonight. memphis is just not good enough.

1 person likes this.
  20. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

amazing how much of a difference conley makes

dray only has like 6 points and 6 rebounds and i feel like he's been dominating

gg nerds

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.