1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Last nights game.

This is one of those that the stat line doesn't match the performance. He's not that good, just look at his numbers on the season. Rose had a bad game, and MCW was influential on defense, but it's not his defense that's in question.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

MCW still looks wild out there to me, and has a tendency to play to the crowd (at least in Philly). It looks as though Kidd is stepping in big as a hands-on coach, which bodes well based on these performances so far. I saw how vociferous Kidd can be to call time outs and he seems to call the right plays, so kudos to him. The Bucks are a really fun team to watch, and that length seems stellar from a defensive standpoint.

I wonder what they'll be like with another year under the belts and Jabbari Parker returned from injury.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

No, last night. And yeah, the stat line is impressive. I'm really commenting on how he looked running the team. He doesn't seem to have a game plan other than probe the defense and see what happens.

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

… and as standard practice, the other opposing players all ran off the court with their arms hanging limp like broken chicken wings. Oh wait…

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It seemed like it isn't 100% his fault, you can see in several plays that the other players simply did not know where they were suppose to be. He was telling Giannis to go screen or run to a spot a couple of times in the 4th. He still has plenty to learn obviously but it's hard to blame it all on him when the other players in his team isn't following the plays drawn up or the coach simply has a terrible game plan.

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Nobody said anything was 100% his fault. The Bucks offense is more refined than it was in 76er land, so he's in a situation where he should be more effective. You can argue he is, but to run at an elite level for deep runs into the playoffs. For example, it's too easy to defend MCW in pick n roll when the defender can just go under every screen. You can easily cheat off him and deny entry passes when he's away from the rim as well. He can't punish a missed rotation. He's sort of a Rondo-light, without Rondo's crafty nature. Or I should say what Rondo used to be. He's on a 70% FT shooter as well. There just isn't a lot to be afraid of. Any modern point guard has to be a shooting threat nowadays.

7. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

1 person likes this.
  8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

dislocating a shoulder is such a rare occurrence that I'm actually inclined to believe that it was a freak accident. nba players lock arms all the time jostling for rebounds.

I'm a celtics fan, and actually something similar happened:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

^ I could easily look at that and conclude that Dwyane Wade is a dirty player that did a non basketball play that resulted in Rondo dislocating his elbow. But I also saw how hard both wade and rondo were going at each other throughout the whole series and realized that it was a terribly unlucky outcome, but the outcome doesn't prove a correlation.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

^what about kobe's elbow on Bibby? you could argue that that play single handely proved that Kobe is a dirty bastard who threw that elbow on purpose, to which ultimately proved a key play to having the lakers beat the kings. But is it really? That was the unlucky outcome on that specific play, the kings could've actually scored or prevented the lakers from scoring all the way back in the 1st min of play also.

the fact is, is Love and Kelly were going hard at each other the whole series and sometimes that results in just body aches and bruises, but the extremely rare freak accident occurred where Love got unfortunately injured.

9. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

lol what? the reason it was such a FREAK OCCURRENCE is obviously because no one in the nba freaking grabs an arm with both arms and tries to jerk it down and run away w/ it. like saying that saying that monk that burned himself alive in vietnam was a freak accident because plenty of people sit down indian-style and yet rarely any light aflame. uhhh the reason the result was different in this instance is cuz it's not comparable to past instances.

it was obviously a dirty play. nobody here said olynyk is a dirty player but he made a dirty play.

btw as a celts fan you clearly know plenty of ppl consider wade at least a semi-dirty player.

10. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

Spurs / Clippers game tied heading into the 4th. Despite the seemingly constant fouls in the 3rd, I'm on the edge of my seat.

1 person likes this.
  11. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Rockets twitter feed... "Shhh. Just close your eyes. It will all be over soon."

Not exactly the best thing to write.

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

@ballmouse It got nice there for the last few minutes though. Some beautiful passes and fluidity from the Spurs.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

That was a clean strip by redick. Good sell by parker

Wow Deandre

Oh wow. I don't really like either team and my heart is pounding

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:( I'm sorry RFX and friends

17. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

Wow - really close game. Even though I wanted the Spurs to win, I kind of wanted it to go to OT.

1 person likes this.
  18. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

blake missed so many layups and crucial FT..... i blame Kia.

1 person likes this.
  19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I want clippers to take the series

20. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Won't happen.

Clips are still a year away, and too immature.

All the whining about calls detracts from their game; and it should be interesting to see how much Doc gets fined for his post game comments.

You'd NEVER see Pop blaming a loss on the refs, especially when his team went 1/13 in 3s, and his bench got outscored 48-17.

1 person likes this.