1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Does anyone watch college and know anything about billy Donovan? I have my reservations about a middle aged college coach who hasn't done anything for 5 years and doesn't have a rep as a tactical genius.

In other news:

The Hawks have been sold for somewhere btwn 730 and 850 million. For comparison, he notoriously undervaluing Forbes said they were worth 825 back in January. Hmm.

Dion waiters has been in the league for 3 years. His head coach has been fired at the end of each season.

Kevin Ollie reportedly still has a lot of inter st in the OKC job.

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Aside from the fact that he's actually a vampire? lol

3. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    and by the way, even for someone who has always loathed rajon rondo, this was a new low. what a total douchebag. i kinda hope the lakes get him, making it a moral certainty that i will never have to support a Buss-driven team again.

1 person likes this.
  4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Donovan and Presti are buddies. So were Jimmy Johnson and Jones.

5. diadem

diadem Senior member

On top of the news that Rajon Rondo is out indefinitely, Chandler Parsons is out for the season and possibly facing surgery for his right knee.

Also, more details on the Hawks sale: sold for $850 million to Antony Ressler, a Wall Street big shot who co-founded 2 private equity firms in the 90's (Apollo and Ares).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  6. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Rondo supposedly has a back injury. Maybe it's the back of his brain.

1 person likes this.
  7. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

I kind of hope no NBA signs him next season. Would he pull a quasi-Sprewell and just quit? I can't imagine his ego would let him play in a lesser league.

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Damn. Mavs gave up a really good backup big and a first round for him

9. Kid Nickels

oh snap! :lol:

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

What's the whole story? So I read that he's out, and was clearly dogging it during the game. Do I read Carlisle's comments as GTFO and don't let the door hit you where the Lord split you?

And yes, he's a TPOS. Although I freely admit to an axe to grind since I really hated that Rondo/KG/Pierce/Perk/Baby/Doc Celtics team.

11. diadem

diadem Senior member

Just that one sequence last night where he committed the 8-second backcourt turnover (while Houston wasn't even applying pressure) and then left JET wide open to hit an uncontested 3 pretty much summed up his stint as a Mav. He never really gelled with that team and didn't make an effort to. I guess he felt like the team didn't cater to his skill set enough. Primadonna.

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I think that sums up his entire career. Even Pierce, KG and Doc admitted that they had to use every motivational and bullying tactic on him to keep his head in the game. And it kind of worked for awhile.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I wonder who is willing to take a chance on him at this point because you know a team out there is going to pay him.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

That Pierce article comments on him. It's a great read, nice to see someone talk honestly about the league. He said Rondo would show up when he felt like it and it was symptomatic of his generation's relationship with entitlement. Anyone that signs him is going to regret it. I must admit I enjoyed Rondo in their title run season, but not now.

I doubt his injury is real. Kind of like how guys were listed with injuries before it became fashionable to take rest days.

15. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

Clippers are defending Duncan perfectly in the post, yet he's lighting them up. No one in the league right now could make those shots - I'm going to miss him when he retires.

2 people like this.
  17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

iunno i feel like DJ should keep his hands up. there were a few times where i felt like he was being a little lazy or not respecting duncan

1 person likes this.
  18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  19. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Duncan toying with the DPoY. smh

20. Kid Nickels

No kidding! Duncan is schooling.