1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

shaq is the worrrrrrst. next time he submits to being the butt of the joke will be the same time he pays dwight a compliment.

davis played 45 min, no wonder he ran out of gas at the end.

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

It would seem so (Shaq). Charles plays the bumbler so well off Kenny because every once in a while he actually drops these "salt of the earth" knowledge bombs that let you know that Sir Chaz isn't an idiot. Shaq on the other hand…. :lol:

+1 Davis. Pelicans played well. That missed 3, six-point swing was the dagger. (no endorsement of using the word "dagger" is implied by this post :happy: )

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Chicago scored 11 points in the first quarter, it was looking like a 56-59 final score, thankfully the game improved. It's been an entertaining 2 games. The Bucks don't have a chance, but they do play entertaining ball. Giannis, for all his growth, regressed last night. I hope Mirotic isn't hurt, they guy is fun to watch.

Credit NO for making a game of it. Evans hobbling and no Holiday, they're competitive. Davis needs to take better shots, and get more of them. He and Evans were spent in the 4th. Monty Williams put up some good plays after timeouts, for all the shit he gets. But the Warriors are clearly dominant. The bench especially. Green's mr nasty down the court routine is starting to bore me, and his publicist should tell Steph to stop gnawing on the mouthpiece so much.

Yup. I think it was Gordon that missed the wide open 3, would have tied or cut it to 1, then GS made a mini-run and it was over.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Both NO and the Bucks totally shit the bed in the late 4th after playing the favored team really tough. The funny thing about the Bucks is that they totally lost focus after Zaza Pachulia got ejected. Zaza = veteran leadership!! :lol:

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Until that point, Zaza looked good.

Mike Budenholzer named coach of the year. Deserved.

6. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i don't know. i got the same feeling watching GS last night that i used to get with great laker teams. they play just well enough to win because they know they can always put the pedal down and blow anyone out.

7. diadem

diadem Senior member

The starting 5 didn't play so well, but the 2nd unit was on fire. The Warriors are probably the deepest team in the playoffs.

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i feel like spurs are as deep

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Curry's at the point where, whatever shit he chucks up there, I'm surprised when it doesn't go in

3 people like this.
  10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Wow, Budenholzer (Hawks coach) won CotY award over Kerr.

Glad to see the Hawks get some shine but damn it's hard to feel that wasn't stolen from Kerr.

12. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

phil jackson syndrome -- he inherited a team with curry, thompson and david lee (not so much now, but when kerr signed ...).

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Pop deserves the award even if he's already won it twice.

14. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

They were talking about this during last night's GS-NO game. Atlanta's turnaround seems more dramatic, given that they went from a really bad team last year to being a really good team this year. This is related to foodguy's point, but the fact that GS was already seen as pretty good last year, and that they were expected to do well this year, undoubtedly hurt Kerr.

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Kerr would have won it if he took the Knicks job.

1 person likes this.
  16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

can't really fault the voters if it went to either one. sorry Steve.

so the MVP award is now the Kia MVP? how utterly lame.

2 people like this.
  17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think it's been the KIA MVP for a couple of years now. Not sure when it started but this is definitely not the first time.

Also, should we expect Harden to win the MVP then since Curry has 2 DPoY candidates, CotY candidate and 6thMoY (I really don't agree with Iggy being nominated here but some articles are calling him that for some reason)?

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i wasn't paying attention, i guess. call me a purist but it feels wrong.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I believe they get a free Kia Rio with the award or something.

:lol:

20. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Hopefully they hand it out at the Sleep Train Arena.