1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

What an awesome moment. Incredible turnaround in team chemistry...remember last year when waiters and Irving literally had to deny that they got into a fistfight?

Didn't realize Marion is definitely retiring. Hell of an underrated player, has a shot at the hof.

2. diadem

diadem Senior member

Managed to score 10,000+ points over his career with a broke-ass jump shot [​IMG]

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

His jump shot gives indestrum nightmares.

2 people like this.
  4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ I just read that Westgate Super in Vegas has CLE at 9-4, highest favorite to win with GSW at 5-2. Ummmm…. what? Regardless of GSW, the Cavs definitely aren't winning. Does anyone really believe that? Srsly.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I can see the Cavs winning it all since they can ramp it up when needed but they wouldn't be my choice.

What sucks is that Hawks still gets no respect.

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Completely. Yes of course the Cavs have a shot and they have been playing very well, but if I'm putting money on it, no way. The fact that a decent team + a huge dose of LeBron nut-hugging can put them as favorites while, as you've pointed out, a stacked and well-balanced team like the Hawks gets almost zero attention is just stoooopid.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Iunno. Out of the top top record teams I think the Hawks are the most likely to be disappointing. Still rooting for Hawks warriors matchup

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Marion in the hall of fame? Lol

11. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Someone still butthurt about 2011 finals

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

^what does that even mean? Why would i hold a grudge against a player who was a role player on a team that (fairly) beat my team? Maybe I should hate Tiago Splitter too....

The less plausible explanation, of course, is that a career 15/9/1.5/1 guy might not clear the bar for HOF credentials. But no, it's all a vendetta!

For the record, I actually like Shawn Marion. He's a real pro and a class act (he played for the Heat too), and was a big part of one of the most entertaining teams ever (7 secs or less Suns).

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

That was a really fun and stacked team to watch. I think at least three hall of gamers

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Marion is a great player, and a class act. He's one of the guys that was able to transition his game with the changes in his body and the league in general. He was productive everywhere he played and had a longer career than 90% of the guys that ever played in the league.

Anyone that can't give proper credit to his career is a idiot, but what else do you expect from a donkey like Neo.

15. Brothersport

i dunno if he's gonna get in, i'm not a hof expert. i just know that it's comparably a lot easier to get into the bball hall than in other sports.

bball reference puts his chances at 75%, which i think is kinda high. http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

btw the only ppl who have averaged 15 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 1.5 stl, 1.1 blks over a career are shawn marion and hakeem olajuwon. DONT YOU FEEL DUMB NOW :D (but seriously i was really surprised by that lol)

1 person likes this.
  16. diadem

diadem Senior member

Remember when we were all talking about how Kyle Korver would be the first player in the 50-50-90 club? Turns out he fell short in all 3 categories...48.7-49.2-89.8 splits on the season. Bummer.

17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

So we're not allowed to round? I wonder how many people are part of the 49-49-90 crowd

18. diadem

diadem Senior member

No, can't round. Yeah, I agree it's still impressive, especially since his 3PT% is higher than his FG%, which almost never happens.

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Yeah how does that work? You'd have to worse at finish at the basket or at the midrange than beyond the ark

20. Brothersport

chris paul almost got 50-40-90, at 48.5-39.8-90

steph would honestly make it but he just shoots too many 3s. 48.7-44.3-91.4. he shot 53% on 2-pters but he took 8 3s a game!

otoh aryan god meyers leonard shot 51-42-94 (!!!) tho he didn't have the attempts. almost half his shots were 3s too