• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. What a weird ******* game. I feel like I haven't learned anything about the future of the series.

Only one real strategy takeaway: dunno if MIA can keep playing the same defense on high pick and rolls. Spurs are getting a 4 on 3 every single time, hence all those wide open 3s. But then again, MIA forced 23 turnovers. Soooooooo I dunno.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heat can't take the Heat.

Jose Mourinho used to soak the **** out of the football pitch when a team that played too fast came to town. Gamesmanship? I hope so. Anything illegal about doing it again? Think about it... Pop knew he could outlast them with his bench. And Lebron made it easy with that beaten, owned, just totally awesome whiney face. Yup... some boys can only play when its 72 degrees and cloudy. Real men can beat the heat. Just sayin', you know, Miami having lots of heat and all.

Real BBall: if SA can win with THAT many turnovers... oh boy.

Last edited:

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol just saw this:
https://twitter.com/GotEm_Coach/status/474750481890562048/photo/1

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet you anything Pop and his staff immediately knew what to do under the circumstance (be it more electrolytes and or plain old rest and hydration) also their style of play (oftentimes up to 10passes in one 24second possession) means only one guy is going through all those pick and rolls (its usually toni parker, then manu, then diaw).

lebron has been worked like a dog this regular season, because of wade talking like 30games off. Wade looks fresh, but sadly Lebron is now suffering.

remember how the announcers were talking about the Lakers playing in the 1984 finals game 7 with 100ºF humid boston heat in a non-airconditioned decrepit 100 year old boston garden?

well the coach for the lakers was Pat Reily! coach reily was drenched in his suit on the sidelines. he could've called in and warmed what would happen to key players. Back in 84' kareem needed oxygen on the sidelines! Coach Spo probably knows and has watched game tape of that Lakers Celtics finals and missed an opportunity to hydrate/rest lebron and or adjust to the heat in the stadium.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lol. What a weird ******* game. I feel like I haven't learned anything about the future of the series.

Only one real strategy takeaway: dunno if MIA can keep playing the same defense on high pick and rolls. Spurs are getting a 4 on 3 every single time, hence all those wide open 3s. But then again, MIA forced 23 turnovers. Soooooooo I dunno.

yeah i dunno the aggressive trapping works but also doesn't work. zach lowe was talking about how heats change their strategies and in the past have trapped the spurs aggressively only when the ball handler is going to the sidelines because they're good at that 4v3 situation, but today they were trapping everything

spurs offense was really bad 3rd quarter. rare iso shots. and danny green was putting up hero ball until pop took him out. then he went on a spree in the 4th quarter.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Coach Spo probably knows and has watched game tape of that Lakers Celtics finals and missed an opportunity to hydrate/rest lebron and or adjust to the heat in the stadium.

Was with you until this. Doubt it. That must have been a real surprise to the "heat".

Is this legal to do again by choice?

It was a solid fight until Leborn cramped out. Then SA owned the "heat" in that building.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if idfnl makes just one more terrible heat pun...

im going to plaster this thread with more stats

Last edited:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe they won't fix it in time for game 2 :satisfied:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

if idfnl makes just one more terrible heat pun...

im going to plaster this thread with more stats

I'll take my bad jokes over that any day.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed in this loss. Felt that the Heat had it, saw the SA run coming, and completely buckled. Don't really blame the heat in the arena, but I really wish it didn't become a factor (especially since it obviously impacted the Heat a lot more)

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Danny Greennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!

Anyway I am glad Spurs won, but when they were down 7 I really thought Heat will go for the throat and finish it. Luckily they couldn't miss down the stretch.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Danny Greennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!

Anyway I am glad Spurs won, but when they were down 7 I really thought Heat will go for the throat and finish it. Luckily they couldn't miss down the stretch.

Interesting, I didn't think that for a second. I felt Miami would hang in for 3 quarters and then wilt. They weren't responding to the conditions at all well even in the first half. Even if LBJ didn't cramp up they would have still lost.

The other observation was how weak Miami's interior def looked, that's were they're weakest in comparison to last yr. I mean Duncan 9-10 and Splitter 5-6... you can't win like that even if SAS are turning the ball over like school kids. Miami need to start more size to compete.

Going back to all that endless stat talk, have you ever seen a more effective player than Boris Diaw so invisible on paper? I just love the way that guy plays.

Last edited:

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He wasn't invisible on paper. His plus/minus was +30 which led all players in Game 1.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thinking about it the heat really favored san antonio. they normally make a ton of subs and go deep into their bench so their players can all rest easier whereas the heat have to rely on a few key players and playing that long and hard in the heat obviously got to lebron. unfortunately for the heats they can't make the substitutions that the spurs can

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads