NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

New U Mad? pic. [​IMG] He got his shoes on cement too. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Fuck yeah!

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I will reform. Like Kobe's kicks. That is all.

5. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

agree with hollinger, perhaps other than the billups/felton argument (billups is better now and will be better next year, felton should prob be a backup pg in the nba, billups will make the hof), however neither is part of long term future so no big deal either way

yeah, someone averaging 17 pts, 9 assists and 1.8 steals should really be a backup point gaurd

[​IMG]

6. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

next thing you know artisan fan is going to post about how much he likes obama's ties.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Knicks were robed. Melo is good but they just spread their cheeks to get a guy they could have had anyway. Just goes to show, it all starts at the top.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

New U Mad? pic.
    [​IMG]

He got his shoes on cement too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

haha that would be perfect

10. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

i think they gave up too much. denver and melo had no leverage, yet NY gave up so much talent when even with melo this season they still won't compete for a title this year. they could have easily waited until the off season and signed melo and gave up nothing. i know melo wouldn't get the CBA money he'd get if it were a sign and trade, but he seemed so intent on going to NY and nowhere else that i think it's downright stupid that the knicks front office made this trade giving up this much talent. they gave up up and coming young PG raymond felton for the dinosaur that is chauncey bullups. wtf

There's not a plausible trade out there that would have given them a shot at making it out of the East. Going through the Heat, Celtics, and Bulls with a bunch of brand new pieces? No way. They might at least win a series now. Next year they'll have time to make a few more moves and gel as a team and might be relevant.

11. sexandcandy

they have a 34 year old PG and a giant hole at center. unless they get cp3, d-will or d12 after next season, they will be "relevent" but not contenders.

12. Kyoung05

Kyoung05 Senior member

they have a 34 year old PG and a giant hole at center. unless they get cp3, d-will or d12 after next season, they will be "relevent" but not contenders.

I don't think they have enough cap space for any of those players, unless Melo agrees to take less than the maximum, and Amar'e agrees to a re-negotiation of his existing contract...

13. sexandcandy

Yup, that's the problem. It would have to be a Miami heat situation again where all 3 players take less than max.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Yeah, and I don't see how they can beat LA, Miami, Boston, SA or Dallas in 7 games if all you have is Melo and Amare (even with a Billups rental). I've never been impressed with Amare but he's been a pleasant surprise in new York....still it's next to impossible to go deep in the playoffs without playing defense. Even the old D'Antoni Suns were better than the new Knicks

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Dolan wants to win now. He needs ticket sales now. He's not smart enough to build for 2012. He wants money, this minute.