NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I think that Felton is overrated and neither Galinari or Randolph are that great. In return, they got one of the 10 best players in the league, a veteran point who can close if necessary (a huge problem they've been having), and, most importantly, THEY GOT RID OF EDDIE FUCKING CURRY.

actually this team is excellent - starting 5-wise. its just not capable defensively and depth wise.

my prediction? they end up upsetting a juggernaut like chicago or heat and make the east semifinals.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

and your fantasy team to the finals!

But injuries are killing me, first Gordon and then Deron & Ridnour, Deron comes back and then Gay gets hurt.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think that Felton is overrated and neither Galinari or Randolph are that great. In return, they got one of the 10 best players in the league, a veteran point who can close if necessary (a huge problem they've been having), and, most importantly, THEY GOT RID OF EDDIE FUCKING CURRY.

Actually, Billups will probably be bought out and then he'll return to Denver. That was his plan in NJ, I have a feeling it is the same plan in NY. He loves his hometown and would love to retire in the Nuggets uni if possible.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

The boys from Bean Town gots some style.
    funny i thought they were the worst of the bunch besides duncan and ginobli but i must say it's quite refreshing to see all these dudes stylin for a change was getting rather tired of there steve harvey suits big 3 looking good think rose if my fav point in the nba

5. venessian

venessian Senior member

I agree. This trade isn't about Felton or Billups; it's about NY having a shot at CP3 or DWill, and they have that shot now. Billups is fine in the interim.

So, this is the complete deal?

To Denver from NY:
    Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, Knicks 2014 1st-round pick, GS Warriors (now Knicks) 2012 and 2013 2nd-round picks, $3 Million.

To NY from Denver:
    Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter, Renaldo Balkman.

To Minn from NY:
    Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry.

To NY from Minn:
    Corey Brewer, Minn 2nd-round pick.

I read in several places that Denver might then send Gallinari and Mozgov to NJ for draft picks, but now SI says that won't happen.

What is the NY starting line-up going to be?
    Billups
    Fields
    Anthony
    Stoudemire
    Turiaf?

6. venessian

venessian Senior member

racist. > just kidding

Oh thank gawd for LemonChiffon! [​IMG]

7. venessian

venessian Senior member

Actually, Billups will probably be bought out and then he'll return to Denver. That was his plan in NJ, I have a feeling it is the same plan in NY. He loves his hometown and would love to retire in the Nuggets uni if possible.

Interesting. Looks like you might be right.

"If Denver point guard Chauncey Billups is dealt by the Feb. 24 trade deadline, his agent said Saturday that Billups would want to have his contract bought out by this summer, enabling him to become a free agent.

"I've been in constant contact with Masai (Ujiri, the Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations) and made it clear that Chauncey's desire is to remain a Nugget for the rest of his playing career and thereafter," Billups' agent, Andy Miller, said by phone Saturday to FanHouse. "If any of these rumors were to come to fruition, Chauncey and I would definitely want to maintain our flexibility and explore our free agency as soon as possible.''

Billups, a Denver native and hometown hero, is making $13.5 million this season and is due to make $14.2 million next season. However, the Nuggets, or whichever team might trade for Billups, can buy out his contract five days after the conclusion of the team's season for $3.7 million.

A contract also could be bought out by March 1, which would enable a player to still appear in the playoffs for another team.

Miller was asked what type of leverage Billups could have with any new team if it's the team's decision on whether to buy him out.

"I would be shocked if any team would not execute on it if the starting point guard does not want to be with the team (and is seeking) free agency,'' Miller said. "(If Billups leaves Denver) by way of a trade, then he would want to immediately be able to control his own destiny.'' "

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

So NY is going to fork over 3.5mil in exchange for clearing cap space? That's not that bad of a deal after all. Its not like they don't have the money to waste.

9. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

Billups is going to play for the knicks.

But the knicks aren't going to win shit unless they get some more talent on that roster.

10. sunror

sunror Senior member

yea id be surprised if billups seeks a buyout

i know we werent playing him but what i don't like is dealing randolph in this deal just so the nuggets can save $$$, he couldve been a key player post-deal

hurts to lose mozgov too and sad to see gallo go

11. sunror

sunror Senior member

i like melo's asg look, amare pretty good, heat guys look good, like horford's suit and sweater but shirt and tie ruin it

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Hollinger RIPPED the Knicks and James Dolan. Love this:

13. sunror

sunror Senior member

agree with hollinger, perhaps other than the billups/felton argument (billups is better now and will be better next year, felton should prob be a backup pg in the nba, billups will make the hof), however neither is part of long term future so no big deal either way

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

The real key here will be with the contract. If the could somehow get Melo to accept less than max they'll have a shot at someone else in 2012. They need to have Amare restructure as well but I doubt they could sell that either.

15. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    not to get all CE, but it seems to me dolan makes a pretty strong argument in FAVOR of inheritance taxes.