1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ i think spurs vs warriors in the c.finals is very plausible. watching the dubs play a game 7 in oracle (against any team) would be elecccctric

i know the hawks team is supposed to be the spurs of the east. but how are the fans? are they as shitty as spurs fans? whenever i watch a spurs game, no matter the score or the situation, the energy in the arena is negligible.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The public is stupid, so using that as a justification for it being a great name is moot. This is not about looking back saying things were better back then, it's about the organic nature of nicknames, and how they needed time to mature in the past, which has changed now, and I feel for the worse. If the names were actually good, then no argument, but they're simply not.

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Injuries this season have been ridiculous. Is westbrook the only elite guy that's had a complete season?

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Harden. Curry, etc.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ hats off to you idfnl. i dont know how youve been able to do it for so long, but you keep luring members into your sticky web of bullshit. youre really the best at it and i admire your commitment

1 person likes this.
  6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

What me? What did I say?

7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Westbrook missed a lot of time in the beginning of the season...

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Good point, I forgot. Curry and Harden, I can't think of anyone else. C Paul maybe? It's be an awful year for injuries starting with Paul George.

9. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

imo fans are up and down. atlanta has had a horrendous sports fan rep for decades now. they've been a lot better this year, and management has also started catering towards a diff crowd (intentionally going after more african americans and millenials). i haven't been to any games this year against crap teams, but i've gone to a few good ones, and the fans have by and large been good-very good. good attendance, surprisingly loud, standing in big moments, etc. i've only been in atlanta for a couple of years tho.

also, surprised to hear that re: the spurs crowd. they're known for having an elite crowd. maybe that's only in the playoffs tho? i know in the last few years their fans have been great in the postseason.

10. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Spurs fans been resting for the playoffs, just like the team.

1 person likes this.
  11. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

More like frustrated and HOPING they'll play better in the playoffs.

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

People like to joke about fair weather fans and all that but it's really, really difficult to go hard in support of your team for 82 games. Or even 41 home games. Unless you're in some place like Sacramento where literally the only thing to do is follow the Kings

I guess that really doesn't give San antonio an excuse either, huh? :laugh:

1 person likes this.
  13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

they hired byron cuz he's buddies with kobe not because he's a good coach

i think flip saunders is almost as bad or worse. was reading about how flip doesn't make sets for 3s cuz no champions or good teams have ever done sets for 3s

this so many times. can you imagine if they didnt trade harden? if they decided to waive perkins earlier i think they might've saved a few million. 3 MVP candidates and one of the best rim protectors and top 15 player. that $60 million contract looking like such a bargain with the upcoming huge bump in salary cap

one of the hawks marketing analysts (?) was saying how what danny ferry said (they should target white people) didn't even make sense because their largest group of fans were millenials and black people

2 chainz is getting in on the hawks tho. love the regional love

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Congrats on getting a bandwagon, Hawks! Feels good, yeah?

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Nash retired. Though he wanted to make sure and collect the last Lakers check before doing it.

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

"When I signed with the Lakers, I had big dreams of lifting the fans up and lighting this city on fire," Nash wrote.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  17. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

That's a fucking great picture.

18. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

2 chainz is from georgia tho and he's been all his life

unless you were talking to me and i will admit to being one :embar: i just love their whole team and the way they play

19. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

i think hroi was talking about hawks fans in general.

2 chainz goes to a bunch of hawks games, did i mention that? usually he shows up in the 3rd quarter and strolls to his halfcourt courtside seat and harry the hawk spends like 40% of his time playing w/ his daughter.

edit: pour one out for steve nash. nash was the point guard for 5 of the 7 or 6 of the 10 best offenses in nba history. wrap that around your heads.

20. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

that suns era was really the basis for the offense of the past 3 champions. pretty much all the top offenses right now owe their style to the mid 2000s suns

looks like warriors are going to be just the second team to break 100 against the jazz since the trade deadline