1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I think you need glasses. I wrote Hawks not nuggets.. And if you watched the game, which you clearly didn't but decided for some reason to come up with a snide (but as always wrong) remark, you would've noticed that hawks were losing because Hawks defense was pretty bad and denver was scoring at will.

You're so butthurt that you're tripping over yourself trying to prove people wrong. Chill out. It's just basketball

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

nug·get
    ˈnəɡət/

a valuable idea or fact.

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Were that the word you'd written, your use of "is" might have made sense.

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do you know that if you were to randomly select any NBA team to play against the Lakers, there is a 16% chance that the selected opponent will have a worse record?
    So that makes tonight matchup against the Knicks kind of historic.
    In honor of the occasion and to help with scoring, they are going to use special 20" diameter rims.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    2 people like this.
  5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

So you meant nugget not nuggets. you wrote 'a choice nuggets is "getting owned..."'. I figured you misplaced the " rather than using shitty grammar

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ya, typo. The extra s doesn't read any other way, though.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I saw that ninja edit about "I love my sense of humor" to lawyerdad

Dude you're wrong. I even wrote out for you how it sounds if you assume the writer uses generally correct grammar instead of butchering basic English verbs like "to be"

When you're wrong it's ok to admit you're wrong.

I laughed. I don't know if I see the knicks doing well even in 5 years. They have no draft picks no promising player. Just a declining star and a gm and coach insisting on a style of basketball that doesn't work today even if it won championships for two decades. I really miss linsanity and 2012 knicks tho

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I saw that, too. The best part is how often he tries (and fails at) the ninja edit thing, which underscores how desperately he cares what people here think, even as he insists otherwise. :crackup:

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

That new feature comes up at the bottom that shows a new post. Rather than reply to you, I edited and replied to indescertum directly. Big deal.

I edit my posts all the time, don't care why you think I do it, and I don't hide the fact. I'll continue to edit as I please, like now. You show lots of determination to nitpick me, maybe the desperation is yours that I don't react how you wish I would.

I did, it was a typo and you guys are like 6 posts in over an errant "s". The sentence couldn't be interpreted to explain your response ("I think you need glasses") but you get a pass for sounding stupid. And you edited your post above trying to rationalize, but I'm the one whose desperate.

10. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

what i thought you liked the triangle?

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Lol at David blatt deliberately yelling at Danny green shooting a wide open 3 point shot. Can he do that?

12. Brothersport

ugh blatt is one of those?? so lame. del negro is the king of it.

this cavs-spurs game is great. kawhi's gonna get all the money. just don't let him shoot fts w/ <1 min left.

every time kevin love gets benched in crunch time it seems inevitable that he's gonna walk after the season. i feel like the cle gm should override blatt and force him to play love.

YOOOOOO KYRIE. haha that just happened. kyrie is amazing. if steph didn't exist a lot of his credit would go to kyrie. like bryce dallas howard and jessica chastain. not nearly as good a passer tho.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

So good!

Chuck is more annoying than funny as a commentator.

1 person likes this.
  14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Love me some chuck: "this is rehdickalus"

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

if kyrie averages 50pts/game from here on out they definitely have a chance at making eastern conference finals.

2 people like this.
  16. Brothersport

chuck gets more annoying the more times i see him, and the closer he is to running for arizona governor. best part tho was when barkley brought up when bron scored 29 of the cavs last 30 pts against the pistons and webber was like, "why you gotta bring that up man?" charles was like, "huh, you were on that team???"

yoooooo kyrie. seriously i'm still sitting here cackling.

17. Brothersport

"decent player" rudy gobert shut down the rockets today w/ 8/11 shooting for 19 pts, 22 rebs, 4 blocks beast. [VIDEO][/VIDEO] who blocks a floater??!?!

1 person likes this.
  18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

didnt he have like 19 boards at halftime?

19. Brothersport

2 people like this.
  20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ that was fun thanks. i remember several years back i bought my brother and i tickets 2 rows behind spurs bench against kings in sacramento. and everytime parker checked in we would yell "eva" in a chorus. bitch tony never looked over :happy: