1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

Did Westbrook put up the best line of all time in a game where his +/- was -12? Shows you how much volatility there can be in +/- game to game.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Westbrook is the only player since Wilt to have 120 pts/40 rebounds and 30 assists in 3 straight games(total.) Amazing stats!

And he is now leading the league in scoring ahead of Harden.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

In Russy We Trust!

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Jordan would have passed that to Ibaka
    :devil:

What a game

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  5. diadem

diadem Senior member

Will be interesting to know whether that was just a quick decision by Gasol to kick it out to E'Twaun Moore or if it was drawn up by Thibs. Great play.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

looks like wes matthews might be out with achilles injury. good thing my korver for wes matthews trade kept getting rejected. guys in sf league hate trades

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

damn that sucks. love wes

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Had him last season in fantasy. Very dependable player. Now he enters free agency with this.

9. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

oh i honestly totally forgot cleveland-atlanta was tonight. good game, i'm excited i get to go to it. i dunno who's gonna win but i expect the score to be in the 110s at least.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  10. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

11. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

yo seriously klay thompson was just dribbling down the lane on a fast break and just straight up fell on his face. dude is in some kind of slump.

so the hawks beat the cavs comfortably today.

• they trapped lebron a ton and he didn't play very well. their def was incredible at scrambling, recovering to a bunch of should-be open 3pt shooters in a row during multiple possessions.
    • kyrie irving is amazing to watch in person. he just wiggles through traffic phenomenally, and his layups are unbelievably creative and smooth.
    • i still don't really understand kevin love's role on the team. he really tries on defense, esp 1-on-1, and wasn't actually bad, but he's a horrible weakside rim protector. on offense, he literally just stands by the 3 pt line and catches dribble drive passes, then either shoots or swings to an open shooter. once a half they'll give him the ball in the post and it usually doesn't work. they also often bench him in the 4th, and they never play him w/ the bench unit, when he could be a focal point of the offense. during the 2nd and 4th qs, they often had james jones out there. does james jones do a single thing better than kevin love???
    • schroeder is soooo sneaky and quick. he just darts around for so many layups, making something out of nothing.
    • hawks' crowd was very good again. very loud, and it was dominique wilkins night! he got a statue put up outside philips fortress.
    • cleveland missed a ton of 3s in the 1st half. they took a million 3s overall, but this game probably should have been a little closer than it was. atl did miss a bunch of gimmes in the 3rd tho.

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I saw him play live once. He has good body control.

In person games kind of change your ideas of who's impressive and who isn't different than TV. I saw Rasheed in his prime once. He was a beast. John Wall is impressive in person and on TV. The other guy was Gerald Henderson, I saw him play for Duke once, holy shit was he the best athlete out there by miles. Just goes to show what another level of athleticism the NBA is.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Yeah like even the worst player on the sixers was putting up solid numbers in college

14. TM79

TM79 Senior member

This is going back a ways, but a good friend of mine had to play high school ball vs. Marbury.

He said their teams played each other 3 times and each time Marbury never had to play more than the first half and they could barely get the ball past half court when he decided to lock down on defense.

Pretty sick.

15. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I saw the University of Florida national championship team play, and Joaquin Noah looks like he was assembled from spare parts. Even weirder looking in person than on TV. He was a beast though, hustled on absolutely every play.

16. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

hawks lost to philly. i'm so worried for playoffs

18. diadem

diadem Senior member

This is some bullshit. I couldn't even do that in 2K on Rookie difficulty.

[​IMG]

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Curry and westbrook are real life 2k15

20. diadem

diadem Senior member

Oh mah lawd, Russell Westbrook with another triple-double...and this was against a good team and OKC won!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015