1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. mikey34

mikey34 Senior member

^ Payout looks fair to me RFX but I think we should do something for the regular season winner since the season is so long it's gotta count for something to win it. I suggest:

regular season winner: $20 bucks

playoffs:
    1st: $110
    2nd: $50
    3rd: $20

And that's sick about J-Rich candy. I'm out money in one of my leagues too because I couldn't get a measly 2 combined assists from Biedrins and Johnny Flynn today so I def feel your pain.

2. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

so close yet so far right? i'm still mad about it lol

yeah we can reward the reg season winner. the payout mikey suggested looks good.

i actually have to compete this week since i finally got bumped from 2nd place in the standings lol.

3. Libertyman

Libertyman Member

LAKERS

Me too. They are having a nice season, and hopefully can win. I want and wish that they win period

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

the celtics starters aren't playing well (they are relying on great defense but coasting on offense), but the 2nd unit is doing great. they are playing scarily thin 8-9 player rosters right now and coasting.

kristic is offensively a huge huge upgrade over perkins plus he's learning the defense and actually doing OK there (he still has to be reminded not go go for offensive rebounds and just get back on D). green actually spreads the court and can guard the teams primary scorer in crunch time (with KG manning with help/backup). i think green had his best game so far in last nights loss where he just started going for shot and stop having the yips

come playoff time the offenses will go back to half court though so the lakers and celtics should be fine there defense wise.

LOL, so I guess 56 points allowed last night proves your points rather nicely [​IMG]

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Man, so I'm out of the playoffs?! Damn my last two opponents for knocking me out of 6th place [​IMG] In my other league (also for $$) I need to win this week to get the regular season title. Got a pretty good team with Calderon, Curry, Dorrell Wright, Pau, David West and Brook Lopez as my starters. My opponent this week has Kobe so hopefully mamba takes a couple days off to rest that twisted ankle [​IMG]

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i haven't looked at my team in ages. if i remember, i go and put in my players who play, but that's been sketchy too. don't know how i made the playoffs with my lax managing and 3 player moves all year.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Lakers got to push the gas pedal tonite at home against orlando who are coming off a first of a back-to-back. tight last 15 games. every one of these count i want us to get 2nd seed

and any one of these minnesota or golden state games can be a trap game too they got to keep vigilant.

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Spurs/Heat.

Go Spurs Go.

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Spurs/Heat.

Go Spurs Go.

+1

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^ Payout looks fair to me RFX but I think we should do something for the regular season winner since the season is so long it's gotta count for something to win it. I suggest:

regular season winner: $20 bucks

playoffs:
    1st: $100
    2nd: $40
    3rd: $20

yeah we can reward the reg season winner. the payout mikey suggested looks good.

I'f fine with that too. [​IMG]

11. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

Yeah, how do you guys wanna do the money situation?

here are the people who paid. We got 9 guys so $180 bucks in the pot.

1.mikey34/mikey34
    2.sexandcandy/soowoop
    3.odd morsel/fobb deep
    4.hroi/hroi
    5.rfx45/I me mine
    6.bob_gnarly/sour grapes
    7.bdeuce22/$20 donator
    8.thats.mana/thats.mana
    9.steveb

I paid, Bad Newz Kennelz.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm in such a bad position for next week, especially if Gordon or Gay doesn't come back. I will be going against players that has beaten me, one of them twice, in the regular season.

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I'm in such a bad position for next week, especially if Gordon or Gay doesn't come back. I will be going against players that has beaten me, one of them twice, in the regular season.

[​IMG]

14. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

Because of my shitty ass record I get the first pick for next year...right.

15. sexandcandy

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

I know, I thought you were donating the $20. What happened there? [​IMG]

Nothing against Mikey but I'm really surprised he got to second place and almost beat me to first, I only won because i have more ties than him. If anyone was going to overtake me, I thought it would be BadNewsKennelz or Soowoop. Injuries just really killed me this past few weeks and I'm really screwed if none of them comes back strong next week.

17. mikey34

mikey34 Senior member

My bad Marley, I thought I had put everyone down who paid. I'll take your word for it and ad you to the list of payees.

RFX- I'm a little surprised about my team too, I didn't think I would finish so high. I guess my later round picks and waiver wire guys really payed off for me this season.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yah you got freaking Lowry! Dude was a steal, stupid report said Brooks was returning so I didn't pick him up then they eventually end up trading him. Then you picked up Jennings and was like [​IMG] Edit: damn you Soowoop, Henderson was my dude, was saving him in case anyone of my players bombs or doesn't return. I was actually surprised he was flying under the radar for a while there. [​IMG]

19. sexandcandy

Dude I was pissed because I was the one who had Lowry first and dropped him when Brooks came back [​IMG] But I think mikey played dead teams the last few weeks so won like 8-2 if i'm not mistaken.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Funny you mentioned that, I though BDeuce ($20 Donator) wasn't active the last week since he didn't play 2 players on Monday and I thought it would be smooth sailing and then all of a sudden I saw on Tuesday that all his players were set for the whole week and I knew I was fucked.