1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:embar: no more. i just find shooting meditative. going through the checklist and focusing on what to fix

I was watching Giannis the other day practice shooting. He has a problem I also have. The release fingers are really inconsistent. He's been shooting pretty badly too.

This was my favorite video of the day

lebron knows exactly what they're running and where the next pass will be so he leaves his man to steal a ball on the other half of the court

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
  3. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

yea i dont think korver gave those out as tips, or the author did, but rather just to show what he thinks about when he shoots, which is pretty cool.

in the article he also says he doesn't believe in shooting coaches, and that he would never put up >150 shots a session, but tries to recreate game-like conditions for every single shot, until he gets tired. it's pretty interesting seeing what happens for each player. that blake article says he shoots 300 shots a day. i remember drummond quoted saying that he gets annoyed w/ shooting coaches because every single one of them gives him diff FT advice; which does he go with at the line?

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

1 person likes this.
  5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

He had to get dunked on at times, just bad timing with Lillard still steamin from the snub.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

If I was an NBA all star contender, I'd thank my lucky stars I didn't get selected to play in that stupid game.

7. diadem

diadem Senior member

Quote: Yeah, no more of that, please. Thank you.

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Yeah, whatever you do, please don't give me any of that all-star bonus money or contract incentive payments, Brer Fox!

1 person likes this.
  9. Brothersport

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I'm modern NBA dude, I need lots of rest.

11. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

It's not like these guys are going all out. You can rest while playing defense. That's what most all stars do.

1 person likes this.
  12. Brothersport

that ties into jimmy butler admitting his D has slipped:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...-butler-blame-chicago-bulls-scuffling-defense

it's interesting, 3 of the players i can think of that took huge leaps in offensive load this year are conley, gasol, and butler. all their defensive games, which used to be top-notch, have slipped as result, from analysts saying so to their team and personal D stats taking hits.

i actually think klay's defense might have gotten better. his tracking stats on nba.com are better than last year. pretty impressive, although he's only playing 32 mpg

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ James Harden circa last year. Dude got so much heat for his offense/lack of D trade-off. Who didn't laugh at his Foot Locker commercial? :D

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

More people that laugh at your jokes, certainly.

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Butler's efficiency has suffered lately. Too many minutes. He needs less to do more.

16. Neo_Version 7

idnfl coming in with the hot sports take.

ATTN: Butler's efficiency is down because he leads the entire league in minutes played

Thibs better watch his back

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  17. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You're a contributor here.

18. Neo_Version 7

Divac = idnfl

MJ = everybody else in this thread

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

divac looks so sad.

hassan whiteside holy shit. what the hell kind of rock has he been hiding under. i heard he got waived by some eastern european team. what the hell happened

20. Neo_Version 7

Dude goes HAM on the boards....I'm trying to think of a player he's most similar to right now. The guy keeps showing these flashes of dominance