1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Hahaha so dumb. Keep talking if you want Big Sean is terrible but he captures my thoughts on this perfectly
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2. Brothersport

Here's a story on kawhi and his expanding leadership role w/ the Spurs. But long, but it's got some good quotes from pop and some good kawhi backstory.

http://t.co/jzC80UTYVP

1 person likes this.
  3. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Manu makes 7; Diaw just got a new contract for 7.5.

Splitter makes 9.25 (WTF?)

Parker 12.5; Duncan just under 11.

Green 4m; Leonard 3m

If I was Leonard I'd want to get PAID too. Anyone know what his max would be?

I wasn't aware basketball contracts couldn't be restructured.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  4. Brothersport

Oh yeah, @diadem is right, any contract is permanent, unless there's a player or team option or nonguaranteed year.

is there any new news or speculation on manu or duncan retiring?

splitter's deal seemed kinda high when he signed it, and he's been injured a lot since, so maybe he'll turn it around, but he's also 30 years old and works a lot better next to duncan.

kawhi's eliglble for the post-rookie deal max, which is worth 25% of the cap. if the cap is somewhere around 68M this coming year, that'll be $17M in the 1st year, increasing by 7.5% yearly after that.

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Jalen rips into the resting players bullshit a few times here.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

He hasn't won shit. His opinion is almost as worthless as yours

3 people like this.
  7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

if you have an aging roster strategically resting players seems like a good plan especially if the goal is to have players fresh in the playoffs.

its akin to an organization spending its player's minutes wisely. strategically not spending the maximum amount of minutes on certain players and saving some of those minutes for more useful minutes down the road. :tounge:

2 people like this.
  8. Brothersport

yoooo this bulls blogger goes ham

http://www.blogabull.com/2015/1/31/7956711/signing-pau-gasol-was-a-mistake

9. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

Huh, not apparent from what I've seen, which is admittedly a small sample size. Pau is top 10 in offensive rebounds and 4th in blocks. Admittedly this is in part from heavy minutes, but he's top 13 in both block percentage and rebounding percentage - so I have a hard time believing he's just getting these numbers from standing around. He's top 15 in the league in defensive win shares and overall win shares. Sooo, seems like a guy who's worth his $7m a year. It's not like he signed a monster contract.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Yeah, I can understand where the author is coming from but this goes back to what indesturm and I were talking about. He's still effective but dude is super slow. I'd rather have him than Boozer, that's for sure (not a slight at Carlos because I always kinda found him entertaining at least). Like many Bulls players though, I worry about all these minutes come playoff time.

11. Brothersport

i doubt the author is 100% right, but yea i get where he's coming from.

i think his main notion is that the contract pau signed was def a good deal and great value, but they would have been better served using the $$ elsewhere. he's obviously better than boozer.

looking at the on/off-court splits, the team actually rebounds better w/ him off the floor, which is interesting.

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You and Brothersport should do a road show.

I get it. But why not rather limit them to +/-28 minutes, 20 minutes on the 2 back to backs?

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

so hawks at win 19 for 6th all time streak, but they're up against pelicans, wizards, and warriors next

14. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

If another team offers Leonard max, Spurs can "Franchise" him and pay slightly less?

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think if leonard signs the other team's contract first then no

also franchise? like designated player? cuz that is a 5 year max and more money

16. diadem

diadem Senior member

Leonard is gonna be a restricted free agent, so if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the Spurs have 3 days to match that offer. There's no franchise tag like there is in the NFL.

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Kawhi ain't going anywhere. although Mark Cuban or Daryl Morey should make a max offer just to make sure the Spurs don't get him for anything less than that

1 person likes this.
  18. Brothersport

there are a couple of players who i've just never seen play like they normally do. like i'm pretty sure whenever i've watched jj redick play on tv (in the nba) he's hit like 12% of his 3s. or ryan anderson, i know he's an unbelievable shooter, but i feel like he's never made one when i've watched him. by the same token, i have eric bledsoe in fantasy so i know he's really good, but he always really struggles when i'm watching the suns. hard to not let it affect judgment.

19. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Brothersport offers us no quarter on the abuse of English.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  20. jet

jet Senior member

easy there jeffrey

1 person likes this.