• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, most people forget that most PGs are 6'1-6'3 which in most ymca pickup games, 6'3 is the big man in the most lol. Kobe at his height would be the unstoppable center that no one is tall enough to stop down low.

Used to play pickup a bunch with this guy who played professionally in europe and was between seasons. Was 6'7 i think and a guard but when he played he was a beast because of his height. Problem is, unlike most tall pickup guys he was really quick and had a killer 3point shot. This was back when i was in good athletic shape so i could hassle him but him at 100% effort, i can only try to slow him down. I mean, i'm 6ft and used to be able to dunk but this guy was on a whole other level. And to think he's still not near nba caliber.

NBA players really are just sickeningly good though. Much much better than people realize and not just from a size and leaping ability standpoint. Their footwork, agility, vision, ballhandling, defense, and all the small technical things. Even the mediocre nba players. A friend of mine has membership to this expensive orlando rec center than most the orlando magic guys use for working out as well (though a lot of times in more private areas). Jason Williams (white chocolate not the murderer) would play little pickup games from time to time and my buddy just remarked how unbelievable at 25% effort compared to everyone else who were actually really good for pickup players. Just easily draining 3s, stealing the ball, making the right passes.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yea, most people forget that most PGs are 6'1-6'3 which in most ymca pickup games, 6'3 is the big man in the most lol. Kobe at his height would be the unstoppable center that no one is tall enough to stop down low.

Used to play pickup a bunch with this guy who played professionally in europe and was between seasons. Was 6'7 i think and a guard but when he played he was a beast because of his height. Problem is, unlike most tall pickup guys he was really quick and had a killer 3point shot. This was back when i was in good athletic shape so i could hassle him but him at 100% effort, i can only try to slow him down. I mean, i'm 6ft and used to be able to dunk but this guy was on a whole other level. And to think he's still not near nba caliber.

NBA players really are just sickeningly good though. Much much better than people realize and not just from a size and leaping ability standpoint. Their footwork, agility, vision, ballhandling, defense, and all the small technical things. Even the mediocre nba players. A friend of mine has membership to this expensive orlando rec center than most the orlando magic guys use for working out as well (though a lot of times in more private areas). Jason Williams (white chocolate not the murderer) would play little pickup games from time to time and my buddy just remarked how unbelievable at 25% effort compared to everyone else who were actually really good for pickup players. Just easily draining 3s, stealing the ball, making the right passes.

Yeah that is crazy. The nba talent is notches upon notches above regular basketball talent I hear. That is crazy how that guy who is 6'7 can play center with you guys can of course do 3s and really quick would be a jewel in a pickup game but can't even get drafted like adam morrisson.

I wonder how spectacular adam morrisson would be at the park.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what, nobody's poasting?!
lol8[1].gif
this has been utter domination for the Celtics in the 2nd half...the only thing they werent able to do on either end of the floor is stop Kobe Bryant. the score in the last minute is no indication at all of how bad the Lakers were outplayed. kudos. back to Staples we go!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^agreed

Rondo played an excellent game and pierce needs a beatdown for his vlade worthy flops.

Officials 1 Lakers 0

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lest we forget....Lakers still have home court.

Each team stole one road game and the Celtics did what they needed to do in the other two.

That's what I hate about 2-3-2...it totally ***** up people's perception of the real situation.

If Lakers hold home court they win. Plain and simple.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone gif the DWade reaction to Kobe's alley-layup thing? That was most gifworthy scene of game 5.

limester816

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Lest we forget....Lakers still have home court.

Each team stole one road game and the Celtics did what they needed to do in the other two.

That's what I hate about 2-3-2...it totally ***** up people's perception of the real situation.

If Lakers hold home court they win. Plain and simple.

right... but since both teams won on the road, that isn't really how it was "supposed" to go. which makes this a dangerous situation for the lakers

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limester816
right... but since both teams won on the road, that isn't really how it was "supposed" to go. which makes this a dangerous situation for the lakers

Assuming both teams win their home games, lakers are still coming home 2-3.

Sooo, yes...it kind of is how things are 'supposed' to go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads