1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Oct 7, 2009.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Vince Carter is in the wrong "sport". he shoulda been a figure skater. those pink tutus suit him, he wouldn't have to take any contact, and those hops would help him land all those triple sow cows. win-win [​IMG]

2. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Pink tutus are so ballet, and they're doing quadruple sow cows now [​IMG] (learned that flipping thru channels w/ gf once, sigh)

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

[​IMG]

Awesome. Any confirmation on whose bud light can that was? Would've been better if it was some natty

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Does the Heat really have MJs number retired? I never knew that. Any other teams got MJs number retired? I think Gretzky is the only # I know that their respective league has retired.
    Orlando retired #6 in the early 90s or something and lists "The fans" on the jersey (for a cheesy 6th man thing). Though in 01-02 Patrick Ewing just strolled in and wore #6 anyways haha Also it's not retired i think the magic took 32 out of circulation because of anger towards shaq

5. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

Awesome. Any confirmation on whose bud light can that was? Would've been better if it was some natty

I distinctly remember Pau carrying around a bud light post game.

SO --- guess who has MORE championships rings than Garnett, Pierce, Allan and Rondo????

[​IMG]

Sucks he has two now, doesnt it? haha

And one for the SF Crowd...

[​IMG]

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

From the first/original post of the season:
    Finally, the NBA is back The! Lakers first pre-season game starts in a few minutes against the Warriors. I can't wait to see what Artest brings to the Lakeshow.
    He brings another NBA crown for the Lakers. (*sniff..brings a tear of joy to my eye)

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

it amuses me which is really all i care about

I'm lawyerdad, and I approve of this message.

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

2009 was episode I. It was all about can Kobe win a championship without Shaquille. It was about getting the monkey off his back.
    Then 2010 ep. II was about can Kobe be one of the Lakers' greatest, and defeat the Celtics.

Now 2011 ep. III will be about the chase to Michael Jordan's 6 titles. With okc, portland, and the possible "justice-league" east power to form as a new nemesis.

It ll be fun.

10. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

With Boston imploding, the Magic being the Magic, the King choking (wherever he goes)... the rest of the West getting either older (San Antonio, Phoenix, Dallas) or not old enough yet (Portland, Oklahoma); I can't imagine anyone else winning it at this point barring some serious FA shuffling.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

lakers parade today @11 pacific be there or be square !!

12. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

lakers parade today @11 pacific be there or be square !!

I guess I'm going to be square. I'm working in downtown today and I wouldn't go near that parade if you paid me (ok, maybe if you paid me enough). Stand around in a mass of people for 30 seconds of fun.

Nooooo thank you.

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

I guess I'm going to be square. I'm working in downtown today and I wouldn't go near that parade if you paid me (ok, maybe if you paid me enough). Stand around in a mass of people for 30 seconds of fun.

Nooooo thank you.

im not going either. but i will watch it on tv (we got a club room where sports or at that time, lakers parade) will be showing on big screen, here at work.

14. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Ron Artest-Champions

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Parade pics...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i like Kobe's aviators

17. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

18. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

that is one scary thug-looking mug on ARtest right there. love him. threepeat here we come.

can anyone say "Dynasty" ?[​IMG]

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

WESSSST SIIIIIIDE!!!!

His homeys at Queensburg might not appreciate that. [​IMG]

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

you guys shoulda just hit the South Coast JL sale instead of wasting time at the parade [​IMG]