• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i predict that orlando wins it tonite. havent checked the score or the news yet, will check now if im right.....

You sir, were correct.

Jameer Nelson picked up the tempo for the Magic and hit some clutch shots in OT.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol he posted that after the game was over, if you're going to make a prediction do it before the game not after

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Conspiracy? NBA trying to help the Celts with the sweep?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
^ very weird, although I imagine shot clock glitches really aren't all that uncommon. Either way, an extra second or whatever it was didn't and couldn't have made a difference in the outcome of the game.

Last night's game was the kind of game I thought this series would be full of. Although I'd rather see them win at home, I hope the C's can close it out in Orlando tomorrow night.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18
^ very weird, although I imagine shot clock glitches really aren't all that uncommon. Either way, an extra second or whatever it was didn't and couldn't have made a difference in the outcome of the game.

This.

If the NBA wanted the Celts to win, they would have called a foul on the last play of regulation.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Conspiracy? NBA trying to help the Celts with the sweep?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

come on now.. give ron jeremy and company their due.. they really put a lot of effort into last game and never gave up even when they were taking it ********** (with ridiculous runs from the celtics being 5-7points up).

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does this team have any potential at becoming the first to overcome a 0-3 deficit?

( i always wondered why it though virtually impossible in baseball/basketball, it is done in hockey)

It's only been done a few times in hockey. It's not something that happens often or even once a decade or two.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
It's only been done a few times in hockey. It's not something that happens often or even once a decade or two.

right i know. but is there something about hockey that made it possible the three times it happened, or we just need a bigger statistical sample (not enough basketball/baseball playoff series played yet to see)

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
does this team have any potential at becoming the first to overcome a 0-3 deficit?

( i always wondered why it though virtually impossible in baseball/basketball, it is done in hockey)

The explanation that the announcers gave during the game last night seemed valid to me. They basically said that in hockey or baseball, a struggling team can ride a surge by one or two key players, such as the goalie or a great hitter, whereas in basketball the whole team really needs to turn it around and start jiving better in order to organize a comeback. In a game like basketball where scores are high and scoring is usually shared by many players, it's harder to count on one guy to revitalize the whole team. In baseball and hockey, you can win by scoring just once, so a single player can be responsible for a majority or totality of the scoring. It's unlikely that, say, Dwight Howard could score enough points to make up for the poor effort that the rest of his team is putting forth in a game (like in game 3).

That said, I still see the series ending tomorrow night. The celtics have been too good on the road during the playoffs for the slightly reenergized magic to stop them.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
right i know. but is there something about hockey that made it possible the three times it happened, or we just need a bigger statistical sample (not enough basketball/baseball playoff series played yet to see)

ah well if you have a hot goalie then major defensive liabilities can be nullified.

kind of like 2008 kevin garnett. he protected the basket and helped on defense rotations. so a hot goalie literally puts a cap on the net and stops scoring.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
ah well if you have a hot goalie then major defensive liabilities can be nullified.

kind of like 2008 kevin garnett. he protected the basket and helped on defense rotations. so a hot goalie literally puts a cap on the net and stops scoring.

Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18
The explanation that the announcers gave during the game last night seemed valid to me. They basically said that in hockey or baseball, a struggling team can ride a surge by one or two key players, such as the goalie or a great hitter, whereas in basketball the whole team really needs to turn it around and start jiving better in order to organize a comeback. In a game like basketball where scores are high and scoring is usually shared by many players, it's harder to count on one guy to revitalize the whole team. In baseball and hockey, you can win by scoring just once, so a single player can be responsible for a majority or totality of the scoring. It's unlikely that, say, Dwight Howard could score enough points to make up for the poor effort that the rest of his team is putting forth in a game (like in game 3).

That said, I still see the series ending tomorrow night. The celtics have been too good on the road during the playoffs for the slightly reenergized magic to stop them.

gotcha . thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads