• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Shoes?

Frittata

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bachbeet
ap: Thanks for that great site! Now, I have the same old pleasant problem of deciding from several styles I really like - Fawsley, Ladbroke, Newbury, Chelsea (looks an awful lot like the Fawsley), Kingsway, and Holborn.
I love my Ladbroke.
But may I suggest you take a second look at the Dover.... imho it looks great in navy.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frittata: I do like the Dover. However, ap already has those in navy so I must be different.
smile.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't like blue shoes, but if I did:

mid.jpg

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG has responded by telling me I should try a pair of Ladbrokes on first. The closest place to do so is over 600 miles away, so that's not an option. I told them that the C&J Connaughts fit perfectly (236 last) but they say it's impossible to compare. They said it is likely I'd be a 10E (UK) but finding the right last is impossible without trying a pair on. If so, then EG is not an option. Any ideas?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can go to the Polo store in Beverly Hills to try on EG shoes and figure out what fits you in the lasts they have in store.

Also, you can consider the navy shell cordovan shoes offered by RIDER from Martegani. Those will be a few hundred bucks less than the EG, and there is pretty much endless customization available.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baron: Thanks. I went to his site and there are no navy shell cordovans by Martegani or by any other brand. I would love to buy from Ron because he gave great service when he sold me the wholecut Marteganis.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baron: I PM'd Ron and he promptly responded with an affirmation of your post. He will find some navy shells in his factory and let me know of the procedure from there. Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I trust Ron 100%.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Ron is on vacation. And, he told me his wife is going to see the oncologist on Monday. I sure hope it's nothing serious.

In any event, he said I could choose a style from his site, so I chose this one:

http://www.francos.com/items/item.asp?sku5=93975

It looks great in that dark brown and I figure it will also look great in a dark color like navy. It was really difficult because so many of the styles look good, but I simply based my decision on the darkness reasoning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads