• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Shoes - Looking for options

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a pair of navy shoes. Not trying to break the bank, as these likely will not be worn terribly often. At the moment, I can't see splurging on shoes that I might wear once a month. Feedback on the below and other input appreciated. Some possible options: 1) Austerity-ish brogues made in S. Korea - $85 Look like CG. Probably blaked. Look good in the photos. Unsure IRL.
shop248584L3.JPG
2) Duckie Brown Florsheims -$150 Part of me doesn't want to spend $150 on shoes made in India, but at least they're welted.
214256.jpg
3) AE MacNeils - $200 I love me some longwings, but already have a few pair and as looking to expand styles. Navy gunboats would be swell, though.
ae-9227fs.jpg

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Break the bank and go for a pair of Berluti Alessandro with a gorgeous patina...

Navy is a difficult colour for shoes and anything less than the best will look awful....

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Break the bank and go for a pair of Berluti Alessandro with a gorgeous patina...

Navy is a difficult colour for shoes and anything less than the best will look awful....

+1 You may need Berluti, but you must do alot better than the shoes you posted.
confused.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by mr monty
+1 You may need Berluti, but you must do alot better than the shoes you posted.
confused.gif

If that's the ultimate case, I am likely just going to hold off until I can justify dropping serious cash without batting an eye - maybe in another 20 years.
plain.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would tend to agree. Navy shoes look best when on a shockingly beautiful last.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of bespoke Delos smokey navy blue and they're stunning...

They're expensive but they're so beautiful with my navy suits.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of bespoke Delos smokey navy blue and they're stunning...

*much envy*
smile.gif

I've held off buying any navy shoes precisely because when I do get a pair, I want them to be special. With "strange" shoe colours like navy or green or bronze, everything must be right or they will draw too much attention to themselves in the wrong way.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
*much envy*
smile.gif

I've held off buying any navy shoes precisely because when I do get a pair, I want them to be special. With "strange" shoe colours like navy or green or bronze, everything must be right or they will draw too much attention to themselves in the wrong way.

I like the Florsheim Duckie Brown styling and last - but dammit, why India?
ffffuuuu.gif

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I would tend to agree. Navy shoes look best when on a shockingly beautiful last.

I also agree, which is why I happen to be waiting on delivery of these bad boys right now from Bespoke England (Hilton in navy on DG70 last).

5108006063_deced04309_z.jpg

However, subject to the limitations set by the OP, I'd probably go with the Florsheims.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Srynerson
I also agree, which is why I happen to be waiting on delivery of these bad boys right now from Bespoke England (Hilton in navy on DG70 last).

5108006063_deced04309_z.jpg

Gaziano...

Good taste mate...

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Longwings have complemented the suits you've worn, so I'd think the AE navy longwing would be a good choice.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edward Green also has some RTW offerings in navy,I have a pair,which reminds to spit shine them today.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the rest of the suggestions--however, I would have to go with the Beaulieu on the 82 last in twilight / midnight antique
drool.gif

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of deep dark Navy Norwegian lace ups at Bergdorfs this summer, they were the Bergdorf house brand, just lovely with a slight aging patina on the toe.

Very Italian, they may still have them, weren't inexpensive, but lovely shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads